Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Bixby Routines

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 11:44 AM)
M882000
Student
Options

It would be great if could set app actions as a trigger for another action in Bixby Routines.

For now, app actions are only in the list of "Then" but we need them in the "If" menu so we can for example make an app close if we did an action inside it.

For example, I need this so I can set Snapchat to close if I open Stories or Spotlight menus, because these menus are a waste of time and brain cells, I just want to use Snapchat to chat with friends and watch and send private snaps without getting stuck watching spotlights and general stories.

If= Snapchat Spotlight or Snapchat Stories Opened

Then= Close Snapchat

1000212220.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@M882000:I'm struggling to think of an example of an action being performed inside an app that can trigger an externally generated routine. I think what you're asking for is too advanced at the moment, but may be possible in the near future. Alternatively, the developers themselves could look at allowing users to filter the features of the app, so it can be customised to their preference. 

M882000
Student
Options

I knew it is a very advanced feature to ask for, but hey... It is Samsung, no one can expect what they are capable of.

In fact, Bixby routines is one of the main reasons why switched back to Samsung after switching to the Pixel 6 two years ago.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@M882000: I think the main obstacle for this request is third party app integration. Bixby Routines still offers plenty of customisable options based on actions performed within the UI, and built in apps, but routines for apps like Snapchat have yet to be included. With advancements in AI, and the development of Large Action Models, allowing AI to interact/interface with apps, this might be something that we'll see more of in the future. 

0 Likes