Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 11:45 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

Go to solution
741 REPLIES 741
klewless
First Poster
Options
Since this morning(23/03), numerous apps not working,  after trying to open getting a pop up message saying app is not working. DUH! Have restarted, rebooted, cleared cache. Anyone help?
va595
Student
Options
😲 i had the same problem
0 Likes
va595
Student
Options
I am using Samsung Glaxy S21 ultra 5g
0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
the best suggestion is Go to the play store and search for WEBVIEW it is already preinstalled in androids here is the link to the play store app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_AU&gl=US

then if it needs updating then update it. This should stop it from crashing.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I had the same problem. Google released a version of Android Webview which was full of bugs 🤦‍♀️ they released another one this morning that fixed everything, so I would checj Google Play Store for updates. Whatever you do, do not factory reset your device as it simply will not solve anything.
0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
the best suggestion is Go to the play store and search for WEBVIEW it is already preinstalled in androids here is the link to the play store app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_AU&gl=US

then if it needs updating then update it. This should stop it from crashing.
0 Likes
floss
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem on a s20
can't open Gmail or Google account sky news
0 Likes
ashleyyy
First Poster
Options
oh samee
0 Likes
Sting001
Student
Options
I've got the exact same problem, I've done everything that you have done. Still getting the same thing.
0 Likes
Deano89
Navigator
Options
try restarting your phone first before updating
0 Likes