Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 11:28 AM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
VGM
First Poster
Options
I have same issue. Only use outlook and WhatsApp and few financial apps and they are crashing. Cannot even use Google to search. @Gary2021, please could you describe how you dud you use android system Web view to un install update. many thanks.
0 Likes
snips
First Poster
Options
i have now got same issue, need a resolve
Salciex
Explorer
Options
I googled it you must go onto settings go to android Web view uninstall updates by pressing the 3 dots.

Screenshot_20210323-103653_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
The bug will have got through unnoticed, it happens quite often in apps of all kind, but when it happens in a system app it has an impact on potentially millions of users. Fortunately it doesn't happen in a system app as often as individual apps, and a fix is usual released fast.
kate33
Student
Options
I went into play store and updated them they are all working now
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Google seems to have sorted it, need to update Webviewer and Google Chrome https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

To update Android System Webview

Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem
AntS
Options

Hi all!

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all!

I've merged a few of the threads covering this one.

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome