Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 09:33 AM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR THE ANDROID SYSTEM WEBVIEW ON THE PLAY STORE THAT CAME OUT THIS MORNING, ONCE I INSTALLED IT, ALL MY APPS ARE WORKING FINE NOW.
dhawkes
Apprentice
Options
This was totally unexpected... How come it happened?
0 Likes
dhawkes
Apprentice
Options
This is ridiculous tbf... I thought my phone was going to explode last night lol
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hey all,

Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to a Google Webview issue, and this problem has already been resolved with the latest app update. We've also updated Chrome to version 89.0.4389.105. Update both apps by following these steps:

- Android System Webview : Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update
- Chrome: Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update
* If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to enable the update. 

Hope this helps! 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for that info just went to check myself there was an update but it uninstalled it first and updated after hopefully this will sort my issue out lots and lots of apps issues

Screenshot_20210323-094003_Device care_25617.jpg

LauraK
First Poster
Options
I had same issues wouldnt let me update webview in google store but has now gave me update for chrome & its now working great.
0 Likes
BBmoney
Explorer
Options
yep same here after latest update. also some widgets won't load or allow me to place on the screen
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The fix has been released
CGoodwin
First Poster
Options
thank you, it has fixed my app crashes
Lesanne12
First Poster
Options