Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart switch will not run

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 10:09 AM)
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

I would really appreciate a solution to my problem. I have downloded Smart Switch 100 times to my pc, different networks, different browsers. The program won´t start. I get no error messages, nothing happens at all. After doing some research, I realize that the file  smartswitchpc.exe isnt on my computer at all, despite the many times I have downloaded the package. I would be grateful if someone has a solution since SAMSUNG is totally quiet in this matter and doesn´t care at all!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zösdflmkölsk Hello, where do you download the Smart Switch program? From the official website? Do you get a message from your antivirus?Seems more like a Windows issue than a Samsung issue.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zösdflmkölsk Check the download path folder, it has to be there.

0 Likes
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

I have downloaded it from the samsung official website every time. No message from antivirus or any error report when downloading or running the installation file.

0 Likes
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

When downloading I get a file called "Smart_switch_pc_setup" that is a program file and impossible to see what it contains.

0 Likes
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

I have contacte bort Microsoft and Samsung sveral times in this issue and none of them want's to find a solution. From Samsung I get questions like - "how did you connetct the mobile" which is so irrelevant since the program doesn't even start.

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zösdflmkölsk Try to run the installer file with administrator permissions, right click-Run as administrator?

0 Likes
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

No difference at all. It look like its installed, a get a question to place the program on the desktop and start the application after installation is finished and nothing happens. The shortcut is not starting the program, it refers to a file "Smartswitchpc" and nothing happens when I try to run that file with administrator permissions either.

0 Likes
zösdflmkölsk
First Poster
Options

Really sad that no one in this world seems to have an answer to my problem. 

0 Likes