Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Unlock not working after software update

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 06:16 PM)
alsama5
Apprentice
Options

A Samsung Galaxy A5 received a software update a few days ago..

Following this 'update', the ( correct) screen unlock password will not work.

Samsung help desk via another phone, although very nice, polite, and helpful, could do more than suggest that we do a factory reset, thus having to loose a lot of information hat was not backed up. Samsung, apparently, could not instigate a software roll back, unlock the phone via its IMEI etc. or help in any way.

Given that the issue only started immediately following a system software update, I find his totally unacceptable and disgraceful. Is this why we have to sign all our rights away with any digital equipment?

I have wondered if the updated system requires a six or more digit code, whereas the one set was only four digits. But if that were the case, the upgrade would not have been fit for purpose,  without providing for codes to be updated.

I am desperately trying to retain all of the data on the phone. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

The only thing I can think of here, is that you don't have 'Confirm pin without tapping OK' enabled. So when you put in your 4 digit code, you should just need to press 'ok'.

Aside from this, I don't see any reason why this would happen and it would look like you would indeed have to do a factory reset.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
alsama5
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much for that. The phone is my neighbours, and I am trying to help.. So unsure exactly what is set. Currently locked out for 24hrs.. 

So much for 'smart' phones. They can update your software, corrupt your phone, and you pay the price. Well, my neighbour will by loosing all her data. No wonder so many are returning to Dumb phones.. They probably put ten years on your lifespan as a bonus..

Thank you very much for your very kind help .

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Sorry about this, if you need anything else though, please let us know! 

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Sataniael
Apprentice
Options

Same thing happened to me. Fingerprint data got corrupted, swipe pattern "was wrong" despite me entering the correct one. Factory reset and cache wipe didn't help. Hope its a software bug that gets fixed soon, if not idk what im going to do given i bought the phone fairly recently.

mdsam
Student
Options

Samе hеrе with Samsung А14, ехaсtly aftеr thе rеcеnt sоftwarе updatе dеlivеrеd by Samsung channеl wrеckеd thе Facе ID, fingеrprints AND passwоrd. Rеbооt rеquirеs unlоcking.

SO nоw еvеn if I managе tо rеbооt it, all MY phоtоs, MY apps data and mоrе nееd tо wipеd оut?

Hоw dо yоu managе tо rеbооt it?

0 Likes