Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 last update received August 1 2019

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 05:47 PM)
Gaynor65
First Poster
Options

I cannot believe this phone has not received one update since then , the phone was wipe including  the cache, but the updates are still showing from 2019

Is there any reason why this phone will not update,  it should be up to the latest update 

This the particulars of the phone 

SM G960U

Screenshot_20210917-164039_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Gaynor65 ,

I can see that this phone was manufactured outside the EU, which is why you are unable to get any new updates here, I'm afraid.

You may want to try to upgrade this using SmartSwitch. 

To do it you just need to follow these steps:

•Go to Samsung's Smart Switch website (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-can-i-download-samsung-smart-switch-for-pc-o...) and download for PC or Mac.

•Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable. If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

•After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

•A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

•If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then sideload to your phone.

Gaynor65
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply, my husband did  install Smart Switch  no updates were found , he also wiped the internal cache though the phone was wiped,  

So what's the next step ?  

With the details I sent you does it tell you where the phone is based from;  US Canada etc,   ? 

0 Likes