Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 5G issue with Wahtsapp dual images, video, audio - not able to send or download

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 03:07 PM)
asdfZxcv
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, 

I have a Samsung S21 and I installed whatsapp and whatsapp dual. 

With my whataspp acount I can send and download images, videos, audios and so on without any issue. 

When I tried to do the same with the "whatsapp dual", I always always get an error : "The download was unable to complete.Please try again later." or "the media file doesn't exists on your internal storage"  or "Can't set up the recorder now, please try again later" etc..

I have read about this issue in other messages so:
- I have uninstall and re-install both whatapps app --> without susscess , still same issue
- I have the last version of the samsung system 
- Whatsapp version is 2.21.18.17
- If I open the Gallery or My Files app, selecting the files, and sharing them via Whatsapp dual -- same error happens. 
- the whatsapp dual has the same allowed permision as the normal whatapp

Some help or recomendation here ?

37 REPLIES 37
Namejs
Voyager
Options

Hi!

Reinstall Samsung dual app, grant all permissions for this app - this will solve the issue.

P.S. Make chat history backup if necessary.

0 Likes
Sameerc7
Journeyman
Options

Not able to make backup either. How can I make back ? From chat history option it's not able make. Is there any other way to make backup ?

0 Likes
Namejs
Voyager
Options

@Sameerc7 

Open your dual whatsapp account -> settings -> chats -> chat backup.
Backup all your metadata on your device and your google drive.
Ensure that you remember the credentials of your google account that you're using as backup.

Info - https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/chats/how-to-back-up-to-google-drive/?lang=en

Or  backup an individual chat or group - https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/chats/how-to-save-your-chat-history/?lang=en

If this options is not available.

Create manual backup - install whatsapp for business and manually copy whatsapp folders from dual app folder to the new whatsapp folder.  And then create a normal whatsapp for business  backup on google drive.  Reinstall Samsung dual app, grant all permissions for this app and restore backup.

Good luck!

0 Likes
goodSamaritan
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Faced the same problem after a recent update. The issue seems to be with the dual app WhatsApp folder permission.

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bkup" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".

This fixed the problem for me.

(I additionally also copied the folder "/Internal storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp")

Hope this works for you as well

Sameerc7
Journeyman
Options

Bro. This fixed the issue. Amazing. 

Thanka a lot. Really. Technology is running because of such awesome communities.. 

0 Likes
Karlita88
Apprentice
Options

Just a question, when you say 

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bkup" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".

Do you mean all or just the part: 

com.whatsapp? 

0 Likes
goodSamaritan
Apprentice
Options

just the directory "com.whatsapp"

0 Likes
Karlita88
Apprentice
Options

Omg!!! You are awesome!!!!!!! Finally I could repair that!!! Thank you sooo much!!! I've bee. Looking for an Answer like for 2 months or so!!!

0 Likes
Alex Lo
Student
Options

can you please show in steps how this is done. I have existing 2 folders under the name com.whatsapp now already in the files folder

0 Likes
goodSamaritan
Apprentice
Options

So this happened after a recent software update on my Samsung s21 ultra. I used "Samsung My Files" app for the following steps:

1. Rename the folder "com.whatsapp" in "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/ to "com.whatsapp_bkup".

2.Copy the folder "com.whatsapp" from "/Internal storage/DualApp/Android/media/ and paste it in "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/

(In case the folder  "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger)/Android/media/com.whatsapp" is not available simply create a new folder in "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/" by the name "com.whatsapp".)

This should do the trick.1.jpg2.jpeg4.jpg5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg