Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 5G issue with Wahtsapp dual images, video, audio - not able to send or download

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 03:07 PM)
asdfZxcv
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, 

I have a Samsung S21 and I installed whatsapp and whatsapp dual. 

With my whataspp acount I can send and download images, videos, audios and so on without any issue. 

When I tried to do the same with the "whatsapp dual", I always always get an error : "The download was unable to complete.Please try again later." or "the media file doesn't exists on your internal storage"  or "Can't set up the recorder now, please try again later" etc..

I have read about this issue in other messages so:
- I have uninstall and re-install both whatapps app --> without susscess , still same issue
- I have the last version of the samsung system 
- Whatsapp version is 2.21.18.17
- If I open the Gallery or My Files app, selecting the files, and sharing them via Whatsapp dual -- same error happens. 
- the whatsapp dual has the same allowed permision as the normal whatapp

Some help or recomendation here ?

37 REPLIES 37
MoMo325
Apprentice
Options

I tried the dual messenger option with Viber and it worked flawlessly which makes me think it's a WhatsApp issue. I reached out to them so hopefully they are able to address it

0 Likes
SiweL
Student
Options

Same issue here with s21 ultra dual whatsapp. Main whatsapp has no problem.

0 Likes
MoMo325
Apprentice
Options

Here is the response I got from WhatsApp tech support

"We provide limited support to WhatsApp users that use Dual App, Dual Messengers, or App Twin. Running a modified version of WhatsApp on a device can create issues for both versions.

For the best WhatsApp experience, please remove the Dual App or Twin App version."

0 Likes
Karlita88
Apprentice
Options

Omg I hate this issue... 

SiweL
Student
Options

Workaround that I'm using is to use whatsapp business instead of the dual whatsapp. So far, i havent seen the downside of using whatsapp business app for personal usage.

MedMok
First Poster
Options

The best solution that I found is to use WhatsApp business as alternative for my second phone number. it works fine and can restore all the backup from google drive and keep also local backup 

0 Likes
Ali Movahed
First Poster
Options

same issue happen to me. 

still waiting for the Samsung or Whatsapp to response on that. but you can use the Web whatsapp and the app works properly. Just connect your dual whatsapp on the laptop. 

0 Likes
Sameerc7
Journeyman
Options

Same issue till today. Why there is no collaboration between Samsung and WhatsApp? And if no support from WhatsApp than why WhatsApp doesn't ban this dual app ? 

Can't back up nor can download media. 

Sameerc7
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20211202-124336_My Files.png

 see it's actually a samsung issue. Not WhatsApp issue. Samsung made some storage allotment changes.  So it made another storage which they call as dual messenger. And hence the problem. Now samsung please fix this issue.  

Members_sEZ4QYW
Student
Options

Having the same issue. Annoying!!! Did anyone manage to resolve this issue?

0 Likes