Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung notes problem

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 09:29 AM)
sbarbosa
Apprentice
Options
 Please help me out. I've been using samsung notes to remind me of my passwords and other important numbers. I have locked these notes to protect the information. But since last week's update. I now can't seem to access my locked notes. It says "CAN'T OPEN A NOTE LOCKED BY ANOTHER ACCOUNT". Please help!
9 REPLIES 9
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try restarting the phone, then check to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition (phone name)' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
sbarbosa
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I will try 😊
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! If my tip helped in any way, could you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select 'accept solution'? Thanks! 🙂
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @sbarbosa ,

Do you have another Note phone? Do you have the Notes app on another device? Does the app require any updates?

If you make sure all your Notes are backed up to your Samsung Account, head to Settings > Apps > Scroll and Find Samsung Notes > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. (Again let me just stress this will delete the data from the app so make sure any important notes are backed up!)

sbarbosa
Apprentice
Options
@TessM I don't have another note phone and is not able to back up yet. Also everything is updated 😒
0 Likes
Sandeep005
First Poster
Options

Please help . I can't seem to access my locked notes. It says "CAN'T OPEN A NOTE LOCKED BY ANOTHER ACCOUNT". Please help!

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Sandeep005. I'm confident that you can get this resolved. Firstly, please could you have a look at the suggestions made in the following thread to see if they help?:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/can-t-open-samsung-note-locked-to-different...

0 Likes
SI_Lander
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had the same problem. I followed the clearing cache tip, synchronized with the cloud data but now I lost locked notes, however, the unlocked ones remained...

Now it is the problem of how to get the locked notes back... already invested over 40 hours of my work to solve that problem.

0 Likes
Eagle2woods
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have tried every tip here, including wiping cache clean. 
Here is what I did and worked for 1 of my locked notes
1. Back up data from old phone if not done already
2. Deleted or uninstalled the Notes app on the new phone.

3 Then used 'Smart Switch' (again) to re-transfer all the data again.

4. Selected 'Notes' app and the 'locked note' on the new phone (after the transfer) logged in with the email or phone number for 'Google' account.  (If you also used a finger print there is a prompt to select verification by finger print; select if applicable).  This worked.

Caveat: Is that another 'locked' note remained locked. So I may repeat the process above but keep the now unlocked note 'unlocked'.
Hope this helps in some way. (This after about about 2hrs  trying all the tips mentioned here). Samsung Support was of no help.

0 Likes