Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung messages

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 05:53 PM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Anyone having a problem with rcs chat features was working until just recently it just stopped now every time I try set it up its saying registration failed. I have tried Google messages to try activate chat services but doesn't seem to help.
37 REPLIES 37
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Well it seems more than a server error as its not just people on EE that have the same problem there's another post on here about it to and there on the three network
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I agree I think this is more to do with either Samsung or Google.
My network provider is virgin but and the strangest thing is my wife has a s9 not updated to the new 3.1 or anything and she has also lost chat messages but my daughter who has the s9+ same network has still the chat features.. go figure
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
that's weird that hopefully it will fix its have deregistered my phone number with rcs on the Google Web page but it still doesn't seem to of worked hopefully there's a fix soon from either Samsung or Google I think it's been since the android 11 and one ui 3.0 everyone is having a problem cause it was working on my phone with one ui 2.5
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Hi All
I'm having the same problem, it's been a few weeks with no joy, I've been in touch with samsung several times and still nothing. I have a Samsung galaxy s20 5g after a recent software update the chat feature has disappeared, is there anyone who can help as samsung hasn't managed to sort the problem out
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yeah still waiting like you tried all what was recommended but no luck just have to sit tight and hope we get some news or update.
0 Likes
K8marieuk
Explorer
Options
Worked on and off for me for a few weeks but now will not register at all. I've deregistered my number with Google messages too. Very inconvenient as I am not getting my messages from my mum who is using RCS. 😕 Not good enough Samsung.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
it's annoying because I tried a different simcard in my phone and rcs worked and it worked for my simcard aswell but just stopped hopefully it gets fixed soon
0 Likes
K8marieuk
Explorer
Options
Mine has finally successfully registered but it took a few days to get sorted. Hope you guys have some success now 👍🏻
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I have ended up just changing my number and now I have my chat services back it's shocking but that I had to change my number in the first place.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all chat messages is now working with the default Samsung messages, I haven't tried the Google messages.
Please share.
0 Likes