Go to solution Solved

Samsung Members app - Error Reporting

(Topic created on: 19-03-2019 12:29 PM)
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

apps_members_logo.png

Hi guys!

When troubleshooting and other relevant guidance doesn't provide an answer, we might ask you to send an Error Report via the Samsung Members app. When doing so, you can send system log data. This process will help us provide the relevant support.

Check out this guide so we can help out as quickly as possible. 

1. Open the Samsung Members app.

If you've got an S8/S8+, S9/S9+ or the Note8, Samsung Members is preinstalled on your phone. You'll find this within the Samsung Apps folder. If it's not installed on your model, head to Galaxy Apps or Google Play and install it from there. 

If your phone screen looks something like this, you're in the right place.

members9.jpg

2. Select the Support Tab.

Head to Support and select the Send Feedback option. We'll then be able to help out with the selected device. You can also find lots of other useful features here, such as FAQs. It might be worth looking through these before sending feedback.

members8.jpg

3. Select Error Reports.

Select Error Reports from the menu on-screen. You can also send our Support Team questions about anything Samsung related - our Support Team will respond ASAP. 

A message may appear on screen asking if you want to 'send the system log data'. You can choose to 'Always' or 'Just this time'. Remember, Error Reports will use data. Depending on your network plan, it's probably best to send this via Wi-Fi only.

members7.jpg

4. Select the error type.

If you're experiencing problems with your device, choose the most relevant category displayed. If none of these are related to the issue, select Others.

members6.jpg

5. Send system log data and enter a description.

It's really important that you include a detailed description of the issue. Tick the 'Send System Log Data' option on screen. You can also attach images from the Gallery, screenshots and audio files to support your query. 

If we've requested an Error Report on a Community thread, don't forget to include your Community Username within the description (eg: LiamH) - We'll need this to locate your Error Report.

members5.jpg

6. Let us know you've sent an Error Report

If we've asked you to send an Error Report via Samsung Members, please let us know. We will then be able to provide further support quickly.

31 REPLIES 31
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Updated Members app was released a few days ago that changes this slightly. Same principles, just a slightly different way to get there:

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Or:

Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu:

Members App Error Reporting screenshot.jpg

Edit: Added the long-press method & screenshots - AntS 26.09.2019

StevietheFool
First Poster
Options

At this current point i cant get into the app without it crashing at boot up. It actually starts looping itself, closing itself and starting itself constantly. 

This is on my Galaxy tab A 10.5 (2018)

0 Likes
Shree
First Poster
Options
My phone not suproted s-helth
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Nice

0 Likes
XjmelPZ
First Poster
Options
Thanksgiving.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

1. Please bring back inbox where we can see our sent messages that haven't been answered on yet. 

2. When an agent asks for us to answer to them, we can't, it's confusing! Only thing we can is to rate the response with 1-5 stars and leave a comment on the response.

3. Please mark already seen responses from the agents as red, because they always show up as unread even tho they've been seen.

It's annoying and confusing to have to go multiple times in the Members app and go through all already seen messages through the notifications

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
MyBacklink
Student
Options

I'd uninstall and reinstall the members app.

:extraterrestrial-alien:

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
I have, it's the same.

Everytime my phone would get a factory reset it would be same also. 😞
0 Likes
neonfour
Navigator
Options

It would be fine if questions and error reports were actually acknowledged. I've asked questions there and all I get is the bog standard response of "Due to the impact of COVID-19, our customer support team is operating at a reduced capacity.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.

Please refer to our Contact Us' page for the latest channels of support to assist you.

Alternatively, please view our online self-service support content."  And then nothing.  What is the point in asking a question in app if it isnt getting read?

Samsung support and customer services are *severely* lacking

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
Yes... They're not answering anything. Especially when I ask my regional support. Although you can find support here and on Twitter : SamsungSupoortUS and Samsung UK.
0 Likes