Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung KEYBOARD software WIPES OUT FORM TEXT COMPLETLY!

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:07 AM)
Jamoomoo
First Poster
Options

I am so beyond aggravated at this point!  No matter the medium - website, app, whatever... Samsung Keyboard is completely DELETING ALL TEXT ENTERED for apparently no reason whatsoever & I am losing my patience very quickly.  Don't know of it's the last update or what, BUT it is also super GLITCHY now too - adding caps/ inappropriate punctuation,  changing words to totally non-related ones - whether predictive text is on or not. Typing in 'forms' where you add text/ input (websites, apps, anything basically) - for no rhyme or reason, no matter how much you type, you go to type the next letter, add punctuation OR add a space & VOILA!  IT COMPLETELY DELETES ALL THE TEXT YOU JUST TYPED!  ALL OF IT! & then you're back to square 1 for the 4th or 5th time - have to either type in a whole different medium, then copy/ paste it OR keep copying the whole way thru AS you're typing!

SUBMITTING/ SENDING the 'forms' also seems to be non-existant - and majority of the time turns the SUBMIT button into nothing  but an image for some WEIRD reason!  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE maybe May2021 or so & ALL has since started HAPPENING ALL OF THE TIME!  NOW it's happening more than ever & I'mjust about ready to buy an entirely different brand phone!  I can't believe I just bought a Samsung Android for my dad to make MY life easier as his personal help desk!  I could KICK MYSELF NOW!

I have the stupid DEFAULT SAMSUNG KEYBOARD set on auto bc w the other 2 options, NOTHING works... I have cleared out caches, reset it, deleted data, turned off/ on 50 million times, turned predictive text & other options off/ on, tried everything & NOTHING WORKS! NOW predictive text is acting all squirrely after dealing w the deleting issue & I really am ready to RIP MY HAIR OUT or throw this thing thru a window!

BTW - I am a now retired former UI Software Dev, so it's NOT like I don't know anything about coding or little tricks here & there (depending on coding language these days)! 

I Have had my Samsung Galaxy S8+ for a while now & NEVER had an issue w much of anything UNTIL just a few months ago & it is just getting worse by the day w glitchy things happening w the KEYBOARD all over the place.  I initially thought it was just the browser- but its not!  It's the default KEYBOARD across all mediums/ apps/ browsers & starting w messaging (but doesn't delete there).  It seems to be all form based/ anywhere you type text to submit - even here...    obviously you can tell what phone I have & clearly know the default keyboard software... as well as latest updates (when/ where I believe the problem started from)  I'm beyond sick of playing w all the settings that DON'T DO ANYTHING but screw up my phone more & the irritation level - well, you can clearly see that!

HELP?!!!

31 REPLIES 31
Membersn
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the SAME ISSUE!! it is so beyond frustrating not to even be able to use your ***** phone to write any longer text messages or blog/comments/ replies AT ALL IN ANY APP without it completely crashing and deleting everything! I am so sick of it!  It makes me want to cry on a daily basis when I spend 20 minutes writing really important info just for it all to be deleted over and over again! This is to the point where I can't even use a basic function of my phone and i HATE it!

Sad thing is all these other ppl with the same issue with the s21 and NO RESULUTION! I guess its good im not alone but this is just embarrassingly awful for samsung!! Ive been a lifelong samsung fan but it ends here.

0 Likes
Robin251
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me too! It's driving me nuts. I use Samsung notes alot and ever since the last update, when I'm writing in Notes, huge portions of text will be deleted and i cant get it back. This has been happening for a couple months now on my s21 ultra. The past few days I've also noticed if I'm typing something out on fb, the text will delete and then the app will close out. What the heck! I do gig work from my phone and need it for texting customers quickly! This is a huge issue. 

Membersn
Journeyman
Options

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! I also posted a similar rant about this problem earlier, but just wanted to update everyone else having this issue that I seem to have finally resolved it!!

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Through my searching, I also found out there's an "undo" feature built in to the Samsung keyvoard, so you can recover text you accidentally deleted.  However, my issue was the entire keyboard would just crash, or cause the app I was using to crash (like my texting or messenger app), so this doesn't help there.  It's also kind of difficult to enable and actually use, but here's the info in case it does help someone: "Undo" gesture on Samsung keyboard (recover accidentally deleted text) 

Hope this helps everybody experiencing this same issue, as I know I was so frustrated, I was about ready to throw the whole dang phone away!!

Unrelated side note, Samsung deleted their pulse/oxygen sensor capabilities from the s21 models too- right when we actually need them the most due to the worldwide pandaexpress! I mistakenly took for granted that upgrading my s8 should mean adding some cool new features without losing any of the ones I already had (except the headphones and external storage/SD card)- WRONG. Seems to me they went a little backwards for these models while charging more 😵💫

Members_4bbZs6E
First Poster
Options

Thank you! This has also been driving me crazy. Your undo option saved me from retyping a mammoth message again. Will now try changing the keyboard. Cant believe samsung havent fixed this if such a common issue.       

0 Likes
Ella_Rockafella
First Poster
Options

OMG I'm so relieved to see that it isn't just me who has this problem. I often am either in the middle of eight deadlines when typing a work text, or have taken the time out to write a personal message - then it just deletes for no apparent reason at all when I type the next letter. It is driving me BANANAS. 

I took a bit of a leap of faith getting this phone (S21 Ultra), having only ever used iPhones, but I was dazzled by the incredible camera and a few other things. But the glitches on this operating system are driving me nuts now. Is there a tech support line for Samsung, like there is with Apple? 

Other glitches are notifications behave completely randomly and not according to the settings I set up (sometimes play a sound, sometimes not; sometimes appear on the home screen like I want them to, often not) - and this is for important work apps like Teams, I'm a senior manager and can't see new messages, texts nor emails unless I manually open the app and have a look. 

I've also never received SMS phishing attempts ever - and I get at least 5-7 a day since getting this phone. I don't receive missed call notifications till sometimes 15 mins after the person called, which is unacceptable in work situations. The list goes on.

I've had the phone two months now, there are things I do really like about it, sure - plus iPhones have their glitches too. But I'm starting to regret the switch. 

If anyone has any fixes, suggestions, or ways to contact Samsung for a fix, I'd love to hear it! Thanks 

0 Likes
Sugabus
First Poster
Options

Same for me. Got myself a brand new s20 and ive had this problem since start. Tried Gboard but same thing there..

0 Likes
Elddisvogue
First Poster
Options

I also have this really annoying problem with my Galaxy A70, and all since the 17th of October 2021 update. It does not matter which keyboard I use, it just wipes everything away, it's like the phone is saying "No, you are not sending this text to anyone" Are any of the Samsung tech/OS guys looking into this problem, because this just is not good enough?

0 Likes
Vercsike
First Poster
Options
This is one of the things I hate most about my Samsung galaxy a71. I swipe type and when I get to type anything where the word starts with the letter M the text starts to delete itself. Crazy. How is this not fixed
0 Likes
JM215
First Poster
Options

I have had this problem ever (I typed ever but the phone wrote Emmett?? M is not even close to v) since I got my new Galaxy S20FE. It is beyond annoying. Not only does my phone constantly delete what I've written, but its understanding of words is like working with a 5 year old. What it thinks I'm trying to write is ridiculous to say the least. I've had plenty of phones and none are this stupid. How could you actually confuse the words I'm trying to slide type for what actually appears. When my text doesn't start deleting while I'm typing I still have to constantly go back, often multiple times, until it actually gets it right or I have to individually type each character before I can send anything I write. If they don't fix this soon I'm giving up on Samsung. 

0 Likes
rkdrury
Student
Options

This is the world's dumbest feature. I am trying to communicate with relatives about my father's life threatening disease, and when I'm almost ready to send it, this world's stupidest phone suddenly deletes everything. God help me if my father goes  ode blue and I can;t communicate with anyone because this dumb samsung phone just randomly decides to delete my text.

SAMSUNG TECHS GET A GRIP AND REALIZE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE. FIX THIS WORLD"S DUMBEST FEATURE.

0 Likes