Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung KEYBOARD software WIPES OUT FORM TEXT COMPLETLY!

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:07 AM)
Jamoomoo
First Poster
Options

I am so beyond aggravated at this point!  No matter the medium - website, app, whatever... Samsung Keyboard is completely DELETING ALL TEXT ENTERED for apparently no reason whatsoever & I am losing my patience very quickly.  Don't know of it's the last update or what, BUT it is also super GLITCHY now too - adding caps/ inappropriate punctuation,  changing words to totally non-related ones - whether predictive text is on or not. Typing in 'forms' where you add text/ input (websites, apps, anything basically) - for no rhyme or reason, no matter how much you type, you go to type the next letter, add punctuation OR add a space & VOILA!  IT COMPLETELY DELETES ALL THE TEXT YOU JUST TYPED!  ALL OF IT! & then you're back to square 1 for the 4th or 5th time - have to either type in a whole different medium, then copy/ paste it OR keep copying the whole way thru AS you're typing!

SUBMITTING/ SENDING the 'forms' also seems to be non-existant - and majority of the time turns the SUBMIT button into nothing  but an image for some WEIRD reason!  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE maybe May2021 or so & ALL has since started HAPPENING ALL OF THE TIME!  NOW it's happening more than ever & I'mjust about ready to buy an entirely different brand phone!  I can't believe I just bought a Samsung Android for my dad to make MY life easier as his personal help desk!  I could KICK MYSELF NOW!

I have the stupid DEFAULT SAMSUNG KEYBOARD set on auto bc w the other 2 options, NOTHING works... I have cleared out caches, reset it, deleted data, turned off/ on 50 million times, turned predictive text & other options off/ on, tried everything & NOTHING WORKS! NOW predictive text is acting all squirrely after dealing w the deleting issue & I really am ready to RIP MY HAIR OUT or throw this thing thru a window!

BTW - I am a now retired former UI Software Dev, so it's NOT like I don't know anything about coding or little tricks here & there (depending on coding language these days)! 

I Have had my Samsung Galaxy S8+ for a while now & NEVER had an issue w much of anything UNTIL just a few months ago & it is just getting worse by the day w glitchy things happening w the KEYBOARD all over the place.  I initially thought it was just the browser- but its not!  It's the default KEYBOARD across all mediums/ apps/ browsers & starting w messaging (but doesn't delete there).  It seems to be all form based/ anywhere you type text to submit - even here...    obviously you can tell what phone I have & clearly know the default keyboard software... as well as latest updates (when/ where I believe the problem started from)  I'm beyond sick of playing w all the settings that DON'T DO ANYTHING but screw up my phone more & the irritation level - well, you can clearly see that!

HELP?!!!

31 REPLIES 31
Aiken4change
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same infuriating problem.  I am about to lose my mind.

0 Likes
Pal337
Student
Options

In my case, I don't think it is the keyboard - sometimes the text will blank after typing has ceased. 

I have found after switching default messaging to Google Messages and force stopping Samsung Messages I do not seem to have this issue anymore. It also resolved Google Maps minimizing every 5mins and the screen intermittently blanking out for me.

Shaysea
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem. It happens in more apps than messaging. It happens anywhere I type. I was hoping for a solution. Doesn't look like there is one and we have to suffer until the next update. Not sure I can do that. This is frustrating! I love my ultra, but not enough to put up with this issue. 

miinx
Student
Options
I'm having the same problem since the last update and I have the S205G. It's sooooo annoying and I just want to throw it at the wall now. This will stop me buying anymore Samsung if its not sorted pronto and Ive had Samsung for as long as I can remember.
miinx
Student
Options
My Google maps also did the the other day too.
Sindollx666x
Apprentice
Options

Oh MY GOSH!! IM DEALING WITH THE SAME THING!! IT'S BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE for the last at least month now!! It just began doing this seemingly out of NOWHERE!!!

Sindollx666x
Apprentice
Options

I can't even edit the message I JUST POSTED. My apps freeze when I'm typing, then it blanks everything out. I have the s21 that I got mid last year. It didn't do this for months and started shut a month ago. I LITERALLY JUST DID THE LATEST UPDATE a few minutes ago. I feel like I'm going insane. 

Sindollx666x
Apprentice
Options

Sane at first I thought i needed to update YouTube coz that was the first place it happened to me. But it just happened to me in next-door app and even my notepad when I was Working on something important. 

Members_n1S8hky
First Poster
Options

This has been happening to me too and like you have all said, appears to be since the last update. I've noticed it only tends to happen whenever I'm typing more long form things as opposed to just a couple of sentences (which is more often than not), but it doesn't matter what the app - messaging app, WhatsApp, FB and Messenger, Notes, other note taking apps... basically anywhere you can type. It starts off with lagging, then randomly deleting and adding words and duplicating parts of sentences throughout the text, before getting rid of the whole text altogether.

Sometimes, it randomly gets rid of all the text without the rest happening, or causes the app being used to suddenly force close, losing all the text that way too. I've also noticed that if I misspell something and autocorrect doesn't catch it, if I try to put the cursor on the thing I'm trying to correct, it highlights the word and a box appears above it that has a lot of code in it. Often, this also causes words to be deleted that I didn't actually want to delete. All in all, adding up to a lot of lost time.

I'm glad to know it's not just me, but I hope they fix it with an update soon because it is really infuriating. Especially if you struggle with short term memory, because it's not like you can just retype similar what you'd originally typed, it's just gone completely! I find I have to keep copying what I've typed just in case and quickly saving what I've typed the second it starts glitching so I don't lose everything. 

I've never had a problem with ANY Samsung phone I've had, until now. It's driving me mad!

oEmma
First Poster
Options

Same problem here! Can't write any work messages/responses due to the text being deleted and cursor moved to random mid sentence while mid writing! This is infuriating. Please sort Samsung!!! 

0 Likes