Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung KEYBOARD software WIPES OUT FORM TEXT COMPLETLY!

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 11:19 AM)
Jamoomoo
First Poster
Options

I am so beyond aggravated at this point!  No matter the medium - website, app, whatever... Samsung Keyboard is completely DELETING ALL TEXT ENTERED for apparently no reason whatsoever & I am losing my patience very quickly.  Don't know of it's the last update or what, BUT it is also super GLITCHY now too - adding caps/ inappropriate punctuation,  changing words to totally non-related ones - whether predictive text is on or not. Typing in 'forms' where you add text/ input (websites, apps, anything basically) - for no rhyme or reason, no matter how much you type, you go to type the next letter, add punctuation OR add a space & VOILA!  IT COMPLETELY DELETES ALL THE TEXT YOU JUST TYPED!  ALL OF IT! & then you're back to square 1 for the 4th or 5th time - have to either type in a whole different medium, then copy/ paste it OR keep copying the whole way thru AS you're typing!

SUBMITTING/ SENDING the 'forms' also seems to be non-existant - and majority of the time turns the SUBMIT button into nothing  but an image for some WEIRD reason!  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE maybe May2021 or so & ALL has since started HAPPENING ALL OF THE TIME!  NOW it's happening more than ever & I'mjust about ready to buy an entirely different brand phone!  I can't believe I just bought a Samsung Android for my dad to make MY life easier as his personal help desk!  I could KICK MYSELF NOW!

I have the stupid DEFAULT SAMSUNG KEYBOARD set on auto bc w the other 2 options, NOTHING works... I have cleared out caches, reset it, deleted data, turned off/ on 50 million times, turned predictive text & other options off/ on, tried everything & NOTHING WORKS! NOW predictive text is acting all squirrely after dealing w the deleting issue & I really am ready to RIP MY HAIR OUT or throw this thing thru a window!

BTW - I am a now retired former UI Software Dev, so it's NOT like I don't know anything about coding or little tricks here & there (depending on coding language these days)! 

I Have had my Samsung Galaxy S8+ for a while now & NEVER had an issue w much of anything UNTIL just a few months ago & it is just getting worse by the day w glitchy things happening w the KEYBOARD all over the place.  I initially thought it was just the browser- but its not!  It's the default KEYBOARD across all mediums/ apps/ browsers & starting w messaging (but doesn't delete there).  It seems to be all form based/ anywhere you type text to submit - even here...    obviously you can tell what phone I have & clearly know the default keyboard software... as well as latest updates (when/ where I believe the problem started from)  I'm beyond sick of playing w all the settings that DON'T DO ANYTHING but screw up my phone more & the irritation level - well, you can clearly see that!

HELP?!!!

31 REPLIES 31
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Woah. I'm really sorry for the frustration you have been experiencing with Samsung Keyboard. Have you tried using different keyboard software, like GBoard or Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard 🤔?
0 Likes
stex2727
Student
Options

I have the same problem and changing the keyboard doesn't help.  This problem started with the latest software update.  It's also very glitchy and something flashes briefly over the screen every few minutes of so which is annoying.

stex2727
Student
Options

Still doing it even with the latest update.  This is beyond infuriating.

Sally91
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I bought a brand new Galaxy s21 Ultra 5g 2 weeks ago and its been doing this since day 1. It's driving me nuts

Members_ub2BB9G
Student
Options

I am having the same problem, text deleting, videos freezing, white flash, screeen trying rotate, glitchy etc someone please help 

Bugs62
First Poster
Options
I'm having this problem too! So frustrating! For months now looks like it's taking screenshot and typed texts disappears completely from messenger and WhatsApp. Used to come out of messenger and go back in and my typed message woukd still be there but now most of it disappears completely! Can all this be fixed?
alanazon
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my S10e since Samsung update pushed this autumn. Unbelievable it's not fixed yet. 

0 Likes
Pal337
Student
Options

Same issues with brand new S20 FE 5G

0 Likes
F55
Apprentice
Options

I'm having this problem too on the S21 Ultra. I feel like I'm working on a word document where I have to copy and paste long text that I'm typing as I know it'll be deleted at any moment. I lost important stuff in my notes because of this. Started happening this month. I tried different keyboards including the one called Keys Cafe from Samsung Galaxy store. The cursor randomly jumps about too so it messes up texts I'm sending to people. This is a serious issue as phones are used for communication!