Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 02:47 PM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
KazR
Journeyman
Options

Hi, mine has been fine since I started using gboard instead of Samsung keyboard.

0 Likes
Samsucks2
First Poster
Options

This started happening to me about a week ago. Clearly it's not something they're interested in fixing. That, coupled with the insane price, means my next phone won't be a samsung

0 Likes
Dinesh409
First Poster
Options

Hi @all

I have a encountered this issue some weeks back and hence I tried alot of solutions which however failed.

Then I discovered it's real problem and solution to it. Let me explain in detail.

Lets say we have already typed the following paragraph.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, rimoved the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

In the above paragraph there is a spelling error in the highlighted word rimoved. So normally what we do, we put our cursor right after the letter i , delete it and type e. Then we move our cursor to end of the paragraph and we start to write again. But the problem is we are not able to write because the next letters we type will be written right after the previous cursor i.e., afte i. So it goes like riTheis the next paragraph....

I discovered a simple solution to this that worked for me. 

Don't put your cursor right directly in the word rimoved like ri|moved.  Instead put it right after the desired word in error like, rimoved|.  Then delete it until the end of the previous word that is word, , then type the correct word i.e., removed |. Then finally you can move your cursor at the end of the paragraph i.e., communicate.|  And then start typing as usual. 

The idea is don't put your cursor directly in the middle of random words and type new letters and leave it. You have to but a space after you have edited the word. For this, you better delete the entire word, retype it correctly ended with a space, and finally move to the new cursor point.

Let me know if it worked for you. 

Thank you all

0 Likes
thadeufb
First Poster
Options

That is the bug, but it is not a solution.

My S20 FE one week old ever do it. I installed Microsoft Swiftkey in the first setup, when I saw the bug, returned to Samsung kb. Same problem. Dont tried gboard, but its seen to be on Android system, no keyboard software. I thought the plastic film could be a problem too, but I dont want to remove it if Im not sure. I had this problem before in a Moto G5 Plus and dont remember how to fix it. So frustrating.

0 Likes
Dinesh409
First Poster
Options

Hi @thadeufb 

I know it is a bug. But I explained in latter how to deal with such problems. Otherwise the problem exaggerates since the cursor will move to the previous location and everything gets messed  up.

Thanks

0 Likes
thadeufb
First Poster
Options

I just make some tests. Microsoft Switkey, Gboard or Samsung keyboard, all with the same glitch. Samsung keyboard with predictive text off works fine. Is not a solution, but I will leave it.

0 Likes
Members_WtD3aTT
First Poster
Options

My wife's and my phone are doing the same thing on G board and Samsung .get your act together Samsung please.

eddiebrown
Student
Options

Hi, I  bought a brand new Samsung S21 a couple of weeks ago and it was doing this as you describe from the word go. Just go into SETTINGS>GENERAL MANAGEMENT>SAMSUNG KEYBOARD SETTINGS and turn off the Predictive text, This solved the issue for me

maximuslyricus
Apprentice
Options

I guess I'll try the Samsung keyboard again with predictive text off, even though it's not my preference. I have little faith that it's going to work, and it's not a fix as much as an inconvenient workaround.

I thought that I wouldn't have such issues with such a pricey phone, even more, I thought that a supposedly first class outfit like Samsung would attend to its cuatomers. I guess that I was wrong. 

Midnitelacee
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on gboard, has anyone figured this out?

Samsung s22 plus Ultra

0 Likes