Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 02:37 AM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
Jake18
First Poster
Options

It's because it's a piece of garbage. Reference source: first-hand experience.

0 Likes
eddiebrown
Student
Options
That's really helpful, thanks for your thoughtful insight. *****.
0 Likes
Jake18
First Poster
Options

Hmm, yeah, sorry, but it is. The crummy thing doesn't even have an audio jack I found out after buying it, so I guess I can forget listening to any music at work. 

0 Likes
Members_Akc0SSi
First Poster
Options

No it doesn't sort it so don't waste your time, my problem is still happening even having a professional doing everything to help!!!

0 Likes