Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 04:13 AM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

I messed up and cleared data on almost everything on my phone and lost some stuff and had to bring it all back from last swap so I worry may screw up and erase the wrong stuff not knowing what I'm doing

0 Likes
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

Hi Georg22, have you found a way to fix this issue yet? I've already done the reply of clearing cache and things. Of course when my keyboard is messing up is when I'm really needing to type out lots of stuff

0 Likes
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

What phone do you have? Im not sure which one it is on my phone the s21 plus 

0 Likes
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

I have the 21 plus and for me im not sure if the wording is the same for ours as hers because i want to make sure i turn the correct one off

0 Likes
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

I did as you suggested and it seems to be working just fine thank you so much

0 Likes
Levi1218
First Poster
Options

I javelin the same exact phone and issue, I know you're not the original poster and you didn't give an answer but I keep scrolling and scrolling and can't find an answer, did you ever see anyone give a solution to the problem or anything? I'm sorry for picking you out of everyone else xD I just seen you had an s20+ and that's what I have so I figured I'd ask you in case the solution was model specific lol. Thank you in advance🙏

0 Likes
maximuslyricus
Apprentice
Options

I'm not saying that this works (because I have done all of the above), but I seem to be having less issues after going to settings<accessibility<interaction & dexterity and put it up to one second. 

0 Likes
Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

I have done everything that anyone has suggested and even downloaded gboard and it is still doing it and it just started doing it so its driving me nuts i have an s21 plus i think it had something to do with the last update

0 Likes
Paigecaplin
Student
Options

Has anyone found a solution to this ? My phone recently just starting doing this.  Bought the phone off someone else and it was fine before but randomly it started jumping to different parts of my paragraph and adding letters. I tried clearing IU HOME and uninstalling updates,  cleared my keyboard data but nothing is working.

0 Likes
Members_UVe9vT5
First Poster
Options

Same problem but it didnt happen until i updated the phone.. got pisxed off with what theyd done to the keyboard and installed gboard. 

Started happening on gboard so i switched back to samsung keyboard where the bug has followed.

Its got to be one of the most frustrating things ive ever dealt with on a phone. But this is the very last time i buy a samsung because i dread every update knowing theyll make things worse and worse.

It definitely seems to be a problem with predictive text because once switched off i dont seem to get the issue. Im going to also uninstall gboard but doubt that will help as theyre two separate apps

0 Likes