Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 07:36 PM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
Noellwolf
First Poster
Options

This started happening to me while using the Google Keep app after I had changed my keyboard settings by turning "suggest text corrections" to on. I turned it off again and I don't think I have this problem anymore

HonneyBeez
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. S21 Ultra, that's a week old. Any solutions?

Mishn
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue for me. thank you so much for your response! This worked for me, so far so good 😀

0 Likes
KazR
Journeyman
Options

Hello,I know this is an old thread, but Id like to know if there has been a solution i might try.  My phone is Galaxy Z fold 3, and uses Samsung Keyboard,  my issues is whenever i type a word ending in " (eg; coming) it automatically adds a space and then another 'g' (coming g). this is driving me nuts and i cant figure out how to stop it.  thanks in advance for any help.  Karen.

Chrissy1
Student
Options
I'm having the same issues and it's so frustrating. How do we fix it?
0 Likes
Chrissy1
Student
Options
Solved! Downloaded Google keyboard and no issues now as Samsung don't seem to know how to resolve it!
maximuslyricus
Apprentice
Options

My wife and I are still having this issue on G-board on the S20 FE. I can't believe there hasn't been any fix after more than a year. Sometimes letters just repeat, especially if you're trying to hold down keys for secondary symbols. 

I haven't had a Galaxy since the S2 (which was great) because I couldn't afford it. So I thought my experience with the S20 FE would be excellent, but this typing glitch is frustrating. My son says that I won't have any such issues with Samsung's largest competitor.

I'm just highly surprised that Samsung hasn't fixed this. It makes me think that I chose the wrong phone. 

KazR
Journeyman
Options

Hi, after doing some research, I ditched the Samsung keyboard and now use Google keyboard- no issues now. 

Blueglue
Student
Options

I randomly got this whilst using gboard keyboard as well as switching back to Samsung keyboard.

Cleared cache within apps>Samsung keyboard and turned the predictive text on and off like mentioned above and fixed Samsung keyboard. I'll reinstall gboard again and hopefully sorted. So weird and frustrating on s22 ultra

Dizzydes79
Apprentice
Options

I also did as you suggested and it is still there. 

0 Likes