Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health only counting some steps

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 06:17 PM)
Derms
First Poster
Options
I have been using SH for some years.  Recently  possibly after I lost mobile data for a few days it has stopped counting some steps.  I did all the turning off and on options I could think of and finally deleted and reinstalled.  However that didn't work either.  I am not completely sure but the issue maybe that it stops counting when I leave WiFi range and rely on mobile data.  Any advice welcome
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Derms: Are you using a smartphone or watch to track your step count? 

0 Likes
Derms
First Poster
Options
Smartphone andrew
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Derms: Can you confirm the model number and current Android version, located in Settings > About Phone? Are you currently able to connect to a stable Mobile Data signal? 

0 Likes
Derms
First Poster
Options
It's a Galaxy A40 Android 11 and yes mobile data is currently stable
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Derms: The phone should track your steps using it's sensors, however if you're tracking your route using the GPS/Location feature then this may be the reason why some of the steps aren't being recognised. Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Switch To Mobile Data, and toggle this option on to see if this helps? If this feature is already active, toggle it off and enable mobile data manually before you go walking, as you'll be out of range of your router shortly after leaving the house. 

0 Likes
Derms
First Poster
Options
Thanks will do
0 Likes
Derms
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew I turned off GPS and it is now working fine as you said it maybe forced it to use the phone sensors. Thanks
0 Likes
KirstyA
First Poster
Options
I've suddenly started having the same issues. My regular morning walk is 4650 steps, but just 1200 yesterday and 750 today! I can switch it to use mobile data only as signal doesn't work inside house, so need to be using WiFi when dancing to exercise in eves. I need GPS on for maps. Is there a way to turn it off just in the samsung helth app?
0 Likes
markjc
First Poster
Options
I had my phone in my pocket but it was switched off. Can my steps be traced and counted? I did masses of walking and would love to know how far I have travelled
0 Likes