Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health crashing while viewing running workouts

(Topic created on: 25-04-2020 10:03 PM)
malieduard
First Poster
Options

I use an S8+ and today I bought the Samsung Fit band. Just had a running workout and when I try to open the workout I either  get a white screen (like a tab is opening) then crashes back to the main page of Samsung Health. If I try again, I get to see the workout for like 1-2 seconds and then the whole app crashes. I noticed this only happens when viewing running workouts and not when viewing walking workouts. I suspect it has something to do with more data being shown for the running workouts like the mini map and such. I tried so far to clear cache, restart the phone but nothing good has come so far...it is a know issue or how can I fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
compbl
First Poster
Options

Same here... can't even export my GPX files anymore.

Seemed to start right after my Note 9 received the latest April 2020 security update from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ze1
First Poster
Options

Hi

I face the same issue too.

I do face it on walk workout too.

What I noticed is that I am able to open earlier workout details that does not contain location information.

More than that I face another issue about counting steps.

Seems that after the application crashes It stops counting my steps.

I have to disable the feature of counting steps and then enable it to make it work again.

I hope this will be solved soon

Thank you.

pal23
First Poster
Options

same problem on my s20 plus, started yesterday on 25/04

0 Likes
pal23
First Poster
Options

And i just found out that it also happens when i want to start workout on the phone. I guess it's the samsung's problem, and they need to fix it with a new update 

0 Likes
Terwa
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Basically any workout that needs location crashes instantly. Everything else seems to be working for me.

I already tried emptying the cache, restarting phone, etc. but to no help. I was about to remove the whole app and try reinstalling, but I'm afraid of losing data even if I have it synced and up to date according to the app.

I guess now that seeing others face the same problems I'm going to wait for a fix from Samsung's side.

0 Likes
Luc4s
First Poster
Options

I have S8+ also and have been having the same issue for the past few days. I can use Samsung watch to log a run and it appears in the Recent Workouts list, but any time I try to open a run in Samsung Health it will crash. Looks like when trying to access location. I have tried clearing cashe, updating OS, updating Health and updating Maps and nothing works. So the data seems to be there, its just not accessable.

0 Likes
KMBak
Explorer
Options

Exact same problem on my side. Crash during watch sync 9 for 10 times. Watch, phone rest didn't help. Samsung should repair their apps.