Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health can't log in

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 12:33 PM)
Sakuras
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung Galaxy active watch 2 and i can't start Samsung Health app on my Huawei phone.

It's only showing spinning circle.

35 REPLIES 35
mickeybobs
Student
Options

I have the same issue, but sadly your solution is just too techie for the likes of me. As it stands, for my purposes this watch is practically useless; it was bought to be a fitness tracker and it doesn't do that. Bit of a waste of money.

0 Likes
Lordshin
Student
Options

NOTE:  The below steps ONLY apply to those who:

• have successfully created a samsung account and are signed into the WEAR app using their phone
  • see a spinning circle that will not end when trying to launch the Samsung Health app to connect the health app on their watch to their phone.
  • do not see any "skip" button that everyone seems to be referring to here.

Here are the main steps:

1. DELETE the current version of Samsung health app on your phone.  Only proceed to step 2 once this app is completely uninstalled from your smartphone.
  2. DOWNLOAD - Using your smart phone browser, that is now free of the s health app, download the older version (ver. 6.10.5.031) of the s health app here:  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/s-health/s-health-6-10-5-031-release/
  3. INSTALL - You maybe warned by the phone (pop up message) that a certain setting on your phone has to be changed to allow 3rd party downloads - this file is safe, change whatever setting you have to and allow it to download and install on your phone.
  4. PRESS THE SKIP BUTTON - This older version will allow you to see the 'skip' button that everyone is talking about - but not immediately.  I recall it's on the 2nd screen at the bottom?  Look, it'll be there.  
  5. AFTER THE SKIP - once the skip button is pressed you will be led to the email and password, sign in, register screen. 
  6. SIGNIN - type in your email address and password and sign in; you will see a successful sign and and the watch will connect and synch with the app.
  7. UPGRADE - now that you are in and connected, go to Google Play app, find the Samsung Health App and choose to UPDATE the older version to the latest 2021 release.  Don't worry, the update will NOT undo all your hard work.  You will have the latest app and remain signed in.

If the above steps are still too technical for you, let me know which step you are having issues with and I'll reply back - hopefully with a more elaborate response.

Good luck!

mickeybobs
Student
Options

Well I did all this and it worked perfectly! I can't thank you enough! It won't let me give you more than one like sadly... Cheers!!

0 Likes
Cowboy Wolf
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem on my new Galaxy 4.

Solution for me was to log in via Galaxy Wear app (Watch settings > Account and backup > Samsung account).  Once I did this, the Samsung Health app logged me in.

0 Likes
Eskyman
First Poster
Options

Can't thank you enough for this, it worked to get me logged in to that older version. 

Unfortunately, the app won't update, so it looks like I'm stuck with the older app, but at least I can now track the things I'm most interested in.

If you have any ideas on how I can get this app to update, I'd be glad to hear them! My phone is an Umidigi A11 Pro running Android 11.

Thanks so much for this post, I tried everything I could think of but nothing worked until this!

0 Likes
Kohyizhe
First Poster
Options

Help 

0 Likes