Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook friends and data not copied over from old phone to new

(Topic created on: 20-09-2020 06:49 PM)
Members_5YI8TSO
First Poster
Options

I have got a Samsung a71 phone and used smart switch to transfer files and apps over. The only problem I have is with Facebook which has not updated with all my friends and groups etc. I cannot uninstall the app and when I disable and update it nothing has changed. Any suggestions as to how I can update my Facebook with all my data or how to reinstall it if possible. Is it possible to transfer Facebook from phone to phone using smart switch but just for the one app. 

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
you dont need to worry about your friends & groups. the app is just a way to access your account online. I think because you have reinstalled the app on a different phone, you need to uninstall/reset the app. Then open it and sign in, change or reset password & when given the option of logging out everywhere you are still signed in. you should sign out of all of them. then go to app settings and give all the relevant permission so that the app works correctly 👍
0 Likes
MRBOSS HENRY
First Poster
Options

WHAT ?????

0 Likes
Jack the Toad
First Poster
Options

Presumably, you will have solved this by now.  I had a similar problem setting up my wife's phone.  It turned out, she had two Facebook accounts (one was very old) and smart switch brought over the old one and not the new one.  Once we realized that, it was possible to log out of the old account (on all devices) and then log in to the correct account.  A lot of 2 party authentication nonsense on the old and new phones, but ultimately, all worked out (even synced the messenger and WhatsApp accounts).  For what it is worth, I found the Samsung chat help extremely helpful.  Contrast this Verizon (who wiped out our sim card in the course of a telephone support call) and Meta, which seems intent on never responding to anyone.

I hate social media, and Apple, all the more so after 2 days of computer hell.  It's going to take a lot for me to buy anything other than Samsung stuff from hereon.

0 Likes