Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email - can't choose FROM account when forward or reply (multiple email accounts set up)

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 02:45 PM)
mtv11
First Poster
Options
From the last three versions of Samsung Email android app (from 6.1.70.20 ongoing) user can not choose account FROM which mail should be sent when reply or forward to existing mail (setting FROM is missing or is hidden; only exists when composing new message) when multiple mail accounts are set up.

Last version, where this worked for all those years was 6.1.61.1 and then it was broken / removed in 6.1.70.20.

Does anyone know if this is software error or is it some strange new limitation - basically want to know or to wait for a correction (which was not yet available in all subsequent versions) or look for a new e-mail client if this is permanent?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, 

Seems like a limitation. From field is missing. Just checked Gmail app, there also this limitation exists.

0 Likes
Options
Gmail

In the FROM box, I click the down arrow.

A list appears, and I choose which email address to send the email from.Screenshot_20220930_220028_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20220930_220022_Gmail.jpg
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
handynutzer
Student
Options

@at_theresonly1mac you are obviously composing an email, which mtv11 already mentions works. There is no From field for replies or forwarding mail. I am also extremely annoyed by this and especially that everytime I have a problem I see unresolved issues with no useful replies. Someone else will read my reply and think the same. I will just skip Samsung and use gmail straight, there it works.

0 Likes
Options
What app are you usi g for Gmail?

Or what version of Android are you using.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
Options
Sign in to the account that you added.
Open the confirmation message that you received from Gmail.
Click the link.
Step 3: Change the 'From' address
In the message, click the 'From' line.
(If you can't see this, click on the space next to the recipient's email.)
Select the address to send from.

0 Likes
Options
I use the Gmail app,I do not use any other app, or outlook.

0 Likes
Options

Ps ... Next time you send me a ***** reply, I will report you. I give my answers for free, I am not a moderator... It will say next to my name if I was.

0 Likes
Members_vDEqMkp
First Poster
Options

I have noticed this exact same issue and although I can't be specific about product version numbers, it has definitely been the last 6 months or so of software updates. Prior to that, the functionality worked just as described in terms of having the "From" box being available regardless of whether it was a new mail, or a forwarded mail. 

If anyone from Samsung is monitoring this thread, could they please at least just give us an answer so we know where we stand?

0 Likes