Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email app

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 07:55 PM)
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
I set the app up to receive the email box linked to my virginmedia account. This worked well for 4-6 weeks. This morning my inbox and folders were all empty. How can I fix this problem?
Simpson 
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ask Virgin if they have server problems. Can you send and receive email still?
0 Likes
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
I just tried to send an email and I was asked to go into settings and give access permissions... what is going on?
I am considering calling Virgin tomorrow.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like something has happened to your email app.

Try settings, apps,permissions and allow all.
0 Likes
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, but I didn't find allow all.
I understand you mean settings within the Samsung app?
0 Likes
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
I mean the Samsung email app.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, that's correct but you need to enable all one by one.
0 Likes
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Have done this and some emails have been retrieved.
Will contact Samsung and see what they suggest, I will give you an update.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Simpson1957: To troubleshoot the issue please ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up box > Select your email account > Sync Account > On > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select 'Sync' from the Quick Panel.

While you are in the Email Settings menu please check your Sync Schedule and Sync Period, and make sure you have Limit Retrieval Size set to 'No Limit'. If the issue persists, please try removing the account and re-adding it via the steps below to see if this helps.

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Email > Remove Account > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Email, and fill in the required fields. 

If you're still unable to sync your emails, uninstall the Email app by pressing and holding on the app icon > Uninstall, then reinstall it via the Google Play Store.

0 Likes
Simpson1957
Apprentice
Options
Hi AndrewL,
Thanks for your response. The Sync was on but I couldn't find Limit Retrieval Size. My phone is a Galaxy A71. New emails are coming in. Have not got to phoning Samsung TS.
I have not tried your last paragraph yet.
I can still access my email online through my laptop.
I might try your suggestion at some point. Would be a good confidence building exercise. Thank you for your input.
0 Likes