Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Cloud - Continual Notifications! Please help me stop them!!

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 07:00 PM)
imagwai
Student
Options

Since this morning, my Samsung Galaxy S9 has been continually sending me notifications from Samsung Cloud.

"Keep your data safe. Your Gallery data in Samsung Cloud and your data in Samsung Cloud Drive will be deleted on 01/07/2021. You can download it or move it to Microsoft OneDrive".

There was another notification too, but this is the main one that pops up. It started when I turned my phone on this morning. You can clear the notification but then a few seconds later it appears again. And again. Even if you don't clear it, the phone still beeps. Happens a few times, then all goes quiet for a while. Then a short while later, it all starts up again!

So far, I have tried the following to no avail:

- Rebooting the phone

- Trying to mute the notifications for Samsung Cloud (you can't - option is greyed out!)

- Deleting my existing minimal data in Samsung Cloud (I don't use it anyway)

- Turning off syncing for Gallery and all Samsung Cloud services

- Turning off all but essential notifications in the Samsung app

But the notifications keep on coming!

Please help me - it's driving me absolutely potty!

Thanks

Go to solution
50 REPLIES 50
JT99JT
Student
Options

I did dig in pretty deep.    It is legit that Samsung is moving Samsung Cloud out of service and is wanting us to back up phones locally or use One Drive (Microsoft).   They are still not respecting our privacy and forcing the notification which really hacks me off as well.  Hopefully once that their legacy cloud is transitioned, then it will go away.

There is the separate topic of the fact that I never asked to backup my data to any cloud and they just started doing it.  but that is a separate (and actually much worse) issue to deal with.

Katusch
Apprentice
Options

same, i did not spend so much money for a top phone to get bugged by their undeletable apps all the time. It's ridiculouse. Beside that I bought an S20+ to make use of 120Hz and have a smooth gameplay in battleroyal games like pubG and COD mobile which turned out to run way worse than on my old S9. I tryed out so many things but this S20 just seems to be a very bad choice for gaming despite the apparently top hardware. Sad that I have to let Samsung go since I've been a loyal customer since The S2.

Marat Dospolov
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Members_W7R99PC
Student
Options

The notification stops but then starts again a few days later.  I think it must be part of the last update and will keep going until the cloud is closed.

What a mess it has been even beginning to offer the cloud free.

Don't give people something and they're happy.  Give them something for free and then take it away from them and that's all they remember and they are unhappy.  You would think an organisation that is selling something would know that!

Members_W7R99PC
Student
Options

I understand your pain.

I had an Iphone about 10 years ago, it was tied to ITunes on my laptop which was always updating and slowed my laptop down a lot. Then the clocks changed in the UK and our phones woke us up an hour early in the morning but the clock on the front of the phone showed the right time, Apple denied there was another clock inside... until a non Apple techie was able to show them there was an internal clock and an update put it right.  I've never had Apple since, my message was they employed too many people operating cash registers and not enough scratching their heads sorting issues. ITunes was a nightmare too, everything that went on the phone had to go through ITunes.

I've had phones and Tablets from Samsung and prefer them now.

0 Likes
emmanuel_sung
First Poster
Options

Good idea but.... I just set the importance to Low (no sound or visual interruption). That seemed to work 

0 Likes
MGALO
Student
Options

Hey, I finally did it. Just from the app settings reset the app to factory settings. I mean delete all the updates of Samsung Cloud app and thats it! The notification disappeared immediately! ! 

Vinny the Mackem
First Poster
Options

It's doing my head in. I've never used Samsung Cloud or One Drive and have no intention of doing so. It's really pissing me off. Enough to make me root the thing and stop this *****. 

0 Likes
Bodestone
Student
Options

Thankyou. Thuis has been bugging me for an age but this is the first time it happened while I was at a machine and not busy elsewhere to look it up before I forgot.

Why are we still getting these notifications and still have Samsung Cloud on our phones a month after the deadline to move files and why are people with no files getting them. That's just lazy coding to not have the check.

0 Likes
vxmxpx
Student
Options

This is happening for months now. I've tried everything, it goes away for a little while, then comes back. Even if I restart the phone, it's just permanently shown. Can't silence, can't disregard. Can't remove. Always there. I might root phone now, and remove all Samsung *****.

I've bought couple of Samsung phones so far, *I swear, 100%, this is the last one*. **SO** disrespectful.!

0 Likes