Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Calendar stopped syncing

(Topic created on: 01-11-2019 11:24 AM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just noticed that my Samsung Calendar has stopped syncing with Microsoft Outlook calendar. It has worked perfectly until recently.  Not sure the exact date. 

18 REPLIES 18
Members_q4IV7lR
First Poster
Options

I have discovered that work android device security policies can cause an issue from time to time when an Exchange account attempts to synchronise with the Samsung Calendar.  The solution for me was to remove the work account (Settings > Accounts > select the Exchange account and "Remove") and then to add it back (navigate down to "Add Account" then choose "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync" and add it back in. The device will ask for permission to apply work policies which need to be accepted. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
broanrob
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find out how to fix this issue? The events that I used to enter into my SAMSUNG calendar on my S10 would sync perfectly with my Microsoft Outlook calendar and I could see a nice layout of all events for the month. Sometime at the end of 2019 my phone's calendar stopped syncing and showing events in my Outlook calendar I use for work. So, there are times I have events that overlap. I have completed every suggestion on this thread, I've scoured the internet for other fixes, to no avail. What gives? 

TonyJB
Journeyman
Options

hi yes in fact I found two ways to fix this depending on your setup and what sort of problem you are getting. Mine was not seeing my Outlook calendar entries in the Samsung native calendar and therefore not on my Samsung Galaxy 4 watch ( at least, not easily ) since that uses the Samsung calendar for the tile diary.  I can open Outlook on the watch but that's not as good.  

So - to sync my Outlook calendar into the Samsung one either 
a) add my Outlook email account into the Samsung MAIL app since that feeds the Samsung calendar ( took me ages to realise that ! )  OR
b) toggle the switch in the Outlook app on my phone called 'Sync calendars' for each email account for which I want to see the associated calendar !! Easy !!  At least that worked for me hope it does for you

0 Likes
AP_Jennifer
Student
Options

Thank you!  I've been trying to fix the sync issue on my phone for months.  Your suggestion worked!!!

0 Likes
Jayk82
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! My company does not allow us to use the Samsung Mail app, so option A couldn't have been my problem. I technically still don't know what my problem actually is, but your option B worked for me on my Z Fold 3!

0 Likes
Members_erU4NSR
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  My Outlook Calendar was syncing fine with Samsung Calendar on my S21 Phone until about three weeks ago.  Now any events added on my phone do not sync with Outlook and v.v.

Additionaly entries added to the samsung calendar app on my Tab S6 tablet do not sync with Outlook or my phone!

I did remove my outlook account from my phone and re-added it and this resolved the issue for about a day before it stopped working again however all events entered on my phone were lost so had to re-enter these again!

Unsure what solution to tryas have tried everything listed here so far!

0 Likes
AntBoots
Apprentice
Options

I've had the issue previously and it came back again a couple of weeks ago. I've had the strangest solution though based on another post above regarding going into your Samsung Email app and checking the settings. I went in there and noticed my calendar, contacts and tasks hadn't updated for a couple of weeks (even though the Calendar app pretended to sync), when I went to switch them off and on again I was warned I could only do that if "Notifications" for the Email app was allowed. I had turned this off as I didn't really want email notifications but when I turned them back on the Calendar then synced up again in full (so now have double entries where I'd entered them on the phone and on the PC!). Weird solution but worked for me, worth a try.

So basically the Email app seems to have all your EAS settings and controls whether or not other apps can access the data but only if "Notifications" for the app is set to "Allowed"

AP_Jennifer
Student
Options

Thank you! This worked for me too.  The notifications will annoy me less than my calendar not syncing.

0 Likes
AntBoots
Apprentice
Options

I posted this in a reply to someone yesterday and it worked for them too so thought worth reporting for the whole  post.....

I've had the issue previously and it came back again a couple of weeks ago on my S21 Plus. I've had the strangest solution though based on another post above regarding going into your Samsung Email app and checking the settings. I went in there and noticed my calendar, contacts and tasks hadn't updated for a couple of weeks (even though the Calendar app pretended to sync), when I went to switch them off and on again I was warned I could only do that if "Notifications" for the Email app was allowed. I had turned this off as I didn't really want email notifications but when I turned them back on the Calendar then synced up again in full (so now have double entries where I'd entered them on the phone and on the PC!). Weird solution but worked for me, worth a try.

So basically the Email app seems to have all your EAS settings and controls whether or not other apps can access the data but only if "Notifications" for the app is set to "Allowed"

0 Likes