Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Calendar stopped syncing

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 08:24 PM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just noticed that my Samsung Calendar has stopped syncing with Microsoft Outlook calendar. It has worked perfectly until recently.  Not sure the exact date. 

18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
@DavidinScotland: If you open the Calendar app and tap the 3 lines in the top left, is your Microsoft Outlook Calendar listed in the 'Calendars' section? If so, hit 'Sync Now' at the bottom of the pop-up window. If it's not there, tap the cog symbol in the top right of the window and go to Add Account > Microsoft Outlook. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

Thanks Andrew,

I had tried that but it will not sync and hasn't for about a week now. Do you know how to clear the app as if i were to use it for the first time as a kind of reset?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Sorry to hear that @David. If you go to Settings > Apps > Calendar > App Permissions, is 'Calendar' highlighted. Similarly, if you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, is Sync highlighted in the Quick Settings panel? If the problem persists, while still in Settings > Apps > Calendar, please go to Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data and restart your phone. This should remove any personal data from the app and allow you to start with a clean slate. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I deleted the cache then data and restarted my phone. when i opened the calendar the appointments were still there. i went into the calendar settings and unticked all calendars then went back and all appointments were gone. I ticked my outlook account and all old appointments appeared but no new appointments show up. I made a test appointment on my laptop and it shows up in the Microsoft app ok but not in the Samsung Calendar. I recently set up 2 stage authentication in microsoft outlook, do you think this may be the issue?

Cj70gal
First Poster
Options

Hi David  Cant help, I'm afraid but I joined this community to troubleshoot the same issue. My S8 stopped syncing on 19 December. I've tried all the tricks mentioned but no luck.  This has happened in the past with Samsung..

Sometimes it resolves itself within a week or 2, sometimes not.  My old Note 2 stopped syncing 6 months after I got it and never worked again despite going back to samsung to be fixed (they said they couldn't fix it as I didnt answer their calls with questions. I pointed out I couldn't answer the phone as THEY had it and didnt provide a replacement  At that point I lost all faith in them!  It was returned with lots of voicemails asking me to call them). I swore I'd never buy samsung again but work gave me this phone .  I have added the outlook app on my phone which works perfectly with my outlook on the pc, but nothing will persuade the samsung calendar to join in. I'm still going through all the items I added on my phone, trying to recreate them in outlook. What a pain!

0 Likes
Chasheg
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. My outlook calendar has old appointments but no new ones. Been going on for months now. 

0 Likes
TonyJB
Journeyman
Options

Here we are in 2021 I got the same problem, my Samsung calendar on my Z-Flip and also on my Galaxy Watch stopped synching with my Outlook calendar.  On a hunch I opened up the Samsung mail client on my phone and found my Outlook mail wasn't synched there for a few weeks. A quick synch of my email and the calendar entries got up to date as well. Now I don't know if I'm going to have to continue synching Samsung mail manually forever !!  Let's see . . .

Cichx
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem. Used the following steps to solve it:

• Navigate to Samsung Mail --> Take Screenshot of current Exchange Server Settings
  • Remove Mail Account
  • "Add New Mail Account" (using the settings from the screenshot)
  • Samsung Calendar is syncing again (at least for me, this was the case 🙂
TonyJB
Journeyman
Options

Yes of course I couldn't remove the Outlook calendar from the Samsung calendar - then I realised that it's dependent on the mail client so as you suggest, I had to remove the Outlook mail account from Samsung mail and reinstall. Problem fixed !!  thanks !

0 Likes