Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server not working / stuck on Checking incoming server settings...

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_I30TI5z
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I own Samsung A55 and I use Samsung Mail app for work exchange mail.

Since few days ago (07.04.2024) the Samsung Mail app stopped syncing emails. After deleting the account and adding the account info again, it is stuck on "Checking incoming server settings...".

The exchange server works in Gmail app so I pressume the problem only applies to Samsung Mail app.

I have tried reinstalling the Mail app, restarting phone but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone experiencing same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Michal

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I noticed this too the other day. Sync had turned off by itself. Anyway, all i did was toggle it back on. Didn't have to reinstall the app.
Have you checked if the server settings are correctly populated for the account.

In the Samsung Mail app. Expand the side bar by tapping 3 vertical lines. Tap the cog wheel. Tap on the account you want to check. Ensure sync emails is toggled on. Check all the sync settings are where you want them. Tap Server settings. Check all fields are populated correctly. Click Done.
Members_I30TI5z
First Poster
Options

Hi Robin999,

Yes, I did try turning the sync off and on again first but it didn't help. That's why I tried to remove the account and connecting from scratch. Now I can't even add the account as it's stuck on "Checking incoming server settings..."

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Which exchange server are you trying to go through? Microsoft or Google?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_I30TI5z: Are you attempting to add the account via the Samsung Email app itself, or in Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Add account? 

If possible, please open the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Select your account > Sync account > Toggle this on > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel > Tap on 'Sync' so it highlights. 

Now scroll to the bottom of the Email settings menu > Server settings > Incoming server > Check the details from here. 

0 Likes
Murat Yeniler1
First Poster
Options

The same problem occurred with the Samsung A71 phones in our company.

0 Likes
Murat Yeniler1
First Poster
Options

I own Samsung A71 and I use Samsung Mail app for work exchange mail.

Since few days ago  the Samsung Mail app stopped syncing emails. After deleting the account and adding the account info again, it is stuck on "Checking incoming server settings...".

The exchange server works in Gmail app so I pressume the problem only applies to Samsung Mail app.

I have tried reinstalling the Mail app, restarting phone but nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
MCAE
First Poster
Options

Hello: We are experiencing the same problem with approximately half of our Samsung phones.  Phones that have stopped connecting to the exchange server are (S20, S21FE, S24+, S24 ultra).  We have phones that are still connecting to the exchange server (S10, S21FE, S21FE, S5).  

The first phone that stopped connecting happened on April 5th and the rest slowly occurred from April 5th to the last being April 19th.  

On any of the phones that won't connect, we can't seem to get any exchange account to work.  However, on the phones that are still connecting, we CAN get any exchange account to work (even an account that doesn't work on the users original phone).

Has anyone discovered a fix for this yet?  So far our work around has been to use the GMAIL app and install the exchange account under that app.  

0 Likes