Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Calendar stopped showing recurring events

(Topic created on: 03-06-2020 10:16 AM)
JessThomp83
Apprentice
Options

Today my Samsung Calendar, which I back up to my gmail account, stopped showing my regular recurring events. I have 2 that I have had on my calendar for over a year. All of them are gone, even the past ones. When I log into my gmail account and access my calendar, these events are still there. I have tried syncing, unsyncing and resyncing, restarting, clearing data and cache. I also noticed that a sticker I had set every two week, noting my pay is no longer showing up either... is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this? I tried to re-add one of these events, and it added to my Samsung calendar just fine, but now on my Google calendar I have it twice.

I did notice the calendar app updated yesterday (4/16), so maybe a glitch in the update? Can anyone help?

Phone type: Samsung Galaxy S10

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Just found out that there was an error in the Bixby Service application, but that this should be fixed now.

• Firstly, update Bixby service from Galaxy Store: Galaxy Store > Menu > Update > Bixby Service update.
  • And then, add a temporary recurring event on the calendar, and delete it.

Then all your events will be recovered. 

If the error is not fixed with that solution, please send an error report with device log as soon as you notice the issue by:  Samsung Members App > Get Help menu > Send feedback > Error reports

JessThomp83
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!!! This worked!!! 

AntS
Options

No worries, JessThomp83. Glad it worked for you! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
IamBritish67
First Poster
Options

use less for Google sorry but Samsung is no help only a hinderance to me .

0 Likes
TheMobileDev
First Poster
Options

This doesn't fill me with hope. I've been experiencing this since at least my Galaxy S6. The only solution I've found is to open my calendar in Google on my desktop, duplicate the event and then delete the original. 

Unfortunately, it's seemingly random, so I can never predict which event will have the problem. 

0 Likes