Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Calendar stopped showing recurring events

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 02:50 AM)
JessThomp83
Apprentice
Options

Today my Samsung Calendar, which I back up to my gmail account, stopped showing my regular recurring events. I have 2 that I have had on my calendar for over a year. All of them are gone, even the past ones. When I log into my gmail account and access my calendar, these events are still there. I have tried syncing, unsyncing and resyncing, restarting, clearing data and cache. I also noticed that a sticker I had set every two week, noting my pay is no longer showing up either... is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this? I tried to re-add one of these events, and it added to my Samsung calendar just fine, but now on my Google calendar I have it twice.

I did notice the calendar app updated yesterday (4/16), so maybe a glitch in the update? Can anyone help?

Phone type: Samsung Galaxy S10

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Just found out that there was an error in the Bixby Service application, but that this should be fixed now.

• Firstly, update Bixby service from Galaxy Store: Galaxy Store > Menu > Update > Bixby Service update.
  • And then, add a temporary recurring event on the calendar, and delete it.

Then all your events will be recovered. 

If the error is not fixed with that solution, please send an error report with device log as soon as you notice the issue by:  Samsung Members App > Get Help menu > Send feedback > Error reports

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
Tallfellow007
Apprentice
Options

Have an S9+ and my repeat events has done the same thing, which, to say the least, is rather annoying.

Sent a query to them, but came back with the excuse that due to the virus, they lack staff and to use a different communication method. Someone is there making the updates, but no one is taking the responsibility. 

Not happy

Tallfellow007
Apprentice
Options
Mine, as if by magic, came back again!!!!
0 Likes
9x
Journeyman
Options

It was Samsungs last update it seemed like it messed everything up with the stupid smiley faces and emojis it looks ridiculous now and it did affect the calendar. That's why I can't stress it enough to back up frequently to your Samsung cloud and also to Smart Switch. Don't even bother backing up to Google its a waste of time, it only covers apps that are currently installed but not very thoroughly like your calendar your current theme or wallpaper and details that are of the utmost importance. I just keep that off, the most important thing is backing up to your Samsung cloud and smart switch. That way you can always restore anything lost no matter what. I recommend once every two weeks at least that way you don't lose anything precious. I know I count on my calendar constantly for future engagements. 

M24_karat
Tallfellow007
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
JessThomp83
Apprentice
Options

My phone back up does backup to samsung cloud, it actually backed up today but says there is no data there for my calendar. Maybe because i cleared the data? 

Luckily all my dates are still in my google calendar, so if Samsung ever fixes this problem maybe I'll get my recurring events back.. 

0 Likes
Jabell
First Poster
Options

Happened to mine too.  Cleared cache, data, powered on/powered off, started in safe mode, removed specific calendar account and reconnected, nothing.  Hopefully mine will magically start working again too.  How do i go about submitting the query to make the magic work for me?

0 Likes
Tallfellow007
Apprentice
Options
I scanned the phone with my anti virus and looked again at the calendar and the magic had happened.
0 Likes
Jabell
First Poster
Options

yeah....mine not so magic.  ran ths scan and still nothing.

0 Likes
Nao71984
First Poster
Options

My calendar keeps deleting my repeated events from the calendar. This happened after I did the latest update. Let's say I put my electric bill to repeat every month on the 2nd. I only see it in May and Jun. When I look ahead in July, it is not there. Please tell me how I can fix that?

0 Likes