Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Rant) Please, for my sanity: Get rid of Bixby (or at least allow me to)

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 11:41 AM)
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

I don't use Bixby, and I don't really know anyone who does. So I don't really understand why Bixby still exists if I'm honest, and I definitely don't want it on my handset.

Samsung - if you still want to include Bixby, go ahead. But please give us the option to disable or uninstall the Bixby apps/services. If I'm not using it, I don't really want it on my handset.

Best wishes,
Tom 🙂
18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey Steve,

Thanks for that!

I was looking for an option to completely remove Bixby from the handset (although I'll admit, I could've made that clearer - I'll update my post). I've followed the guide you sent over, but Bixby still launches when I call up a Voice Assistant using a Bluetooth Headset/Sunglasses.

Also, I was looking for ways to harden the OS on my phone - if I can completely remove Bixby from my handset, I remove any potential security vulnerabilities it carries.

Hope that makes sense,
Best wishes,
Tom 🙂
JimmyMagill
Student
Options
This may sound stupid but I have never used Bixby and if I'm honest have never even looked at it and can't really say I know what it is 😊
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
That doesn't sound stupid at all! 😀

Bixby's basically Samsung's answer to Google Assistant - although I'm not sure if anyone really uses it
JimmyMagill
Student
Options
Thank you for the info 😀 I think I will also give it a miss 👍
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use Bixby and the less I need Google, the better it is.
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Okay, that's fair - I don't know a lotta people who use Bixby if I'm honest 😂
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Perhaps I'm an oddball but I find it useful, put Bixby routines into the melting pot and it's great (for me).
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Best way to remove Bixby is to honestly, root your phone and install a 'system app remover' that has the potential of disabling uninstalling system apps :).