Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems syncing gallery with OneDrive

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 01:41 AM)
DanH14
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. I tried to get my Samsung gallery syncing with OneDrive but I'm having some problems. When I went into the gallery settings, and into the sync with OneDrive section, it said that it could not sync the data and at the bottom it said it could not get my OneDrive info. I therefore tried unlinking my Microsoft account from my Samsung account, but now I cannot figure out how to link it up again. I later noticed that the gallery settings changed and it said "sync with Samsung Cloud" instead of OneDrive, but when I try to open the Samsung Cloud app it just hangs on "connecting". But now, it says "cloud sync" again and when I go on here, it gives me the "Make the move to Microsoft OneDrive" option again. But when I click Connect, nothing happens. I've tried restarting, signing out and back into my Samsung account and clearing the cache/data of the apps. So just a few questions:

1. How can I re-link my Microsoft account to my Samsung account?

2. Has anyone had this issue where Samsung Cloud hangs on "connecting" and knows how to resolve it?

3. How can I get my gallery connected to OneDrive?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Katesnow33
First Poster
Options
move your ONEDRIVE files to the gallery and then try adding the photo again.
DanH14
Apprentice
Options

I've managed to get back to the point I was at previously now, so my Samsung and Microsoft accounts are linked again and I can also access the Samsung Cloud, but when I go into the gallery settings it is still saying it can't sync the data and it still can't access my OneDrive info. I've opened up OneDrive and there is nothing in there. 

PaulMrT
Pathfinder
Options
I gave up trying to link, I'm happy using Google Photos.
DanH14
Apprentice
Options

I started syncing with Google Photos earlier, but I've just had a notification saying the sync to OneDrive is complete, so it must have sorted itself out in the background somehow!

elliemae
Explorer
Options
Hello
0 Likes
elliemae
Explorer
Options
OK thanks 😊
0 Likes
elliemae
Explorer
Options
Hello I'm having a problem with Google play
0 Likes
elliemae
Explorer
Options
Ok
0 Likes
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

After 1 year since your post i am having the same issue... unbelievable how Microsoft/Samsung couldn't fix this sh**. Spent so much time ont his, did all the steps like you did...now i find myself on a forum seraching for this, while it should have been so easy...

0 Likes