Support

Open search

Picture messages "File does not exist" after smart switch transfer from S8 to Note 10

Highlighted
Apprentice

I recently bought a note 10 and note 10 plus. When I use smart switch to transfer data from my old S8 device to the note 10 and note 10 plus, everything is transferred except mms messages. It shows the picture is there, but it's blurred with an"! " in the center. When I tap it I get " file does not exist " I did the smart switch multiple times on both devices and it does it every time ... Has anyone experienced this problem? Any solutions? Please help 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Hey there, @Johnny52.

Sorry to hear about this. Do you know where these messages are saved on the Note 8? Are these in the stock messaging app?

Just as a heads up multimedia data (such as pictures) saved in private storage cannot be backed up. So if this is in your secure folder, on an SD Card, or in a specific app, we can't back that up.
Highlighted

@DannyT the messages are saved to the phone. I use the message app that's already installed on the phone.

Highlighted

the messages are saved to the phone. I use the message app that's already installed on the phone.

Highlighted
Voyager

Hello

If SMS can only be backed up by Smart Switch,

Please head to Google Play Store and download "MMS Back up and Restore" app, install on both old and new phones.

Back up MMS on your old phone then restore in on your new phone (mostly Google account/drive access is needed), just select an app that is free, trusted and with most stars. Please don't forget to uninstall once done. 

If the app won't work, please try another similar. 

Thanks ☺

Highlighted

@lunaticore wrote:

Hello

If SMS can only be backed up by Smart Switch,

Please head to Google Play Store and download "MMS Back up and Restore" app, install on both old and new phones.

Back up MMS on your old phone then restore in on your new phone (mostly Google account/drive access is needed), just select an app that is free, trusted and with most stars. Please don't forget to uninstall once done. 

If the app won't work, please try another similar. 

Thanks ☺

@@lunaticore @@@That's not the case. Smart switch always transfered sms and mms except for this time. 

Highlighted

I have the same problem with transferring my messages from my Samsung so to my Samsung s10. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Top Liked Authors