Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not all device albums/folders appearing in Google Photos App

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 06:01 PM)
PurlpeSnowKat
Journeyman
Options
Samsung S21 5g

I have 27 device albums defined in my Gallery. Yet only 17 of these appear in Google Photos App>Library>View all>Photos on device and only 17 in the Photo Settings>Backup & Sync>Backup device folders 

I have a feeling it depends where the root photo is stored - Internal Storage>DCIM or Internal Storage>Pictures. If it's stored in pictures then the album appears. B
But why are some photos stored in DCIM & some in Pictures?
I could move all the photos from DCIM to Pictures - but I don't know if I'll mess anything up.
OneDrive isn't any better as photos/albums keep appearing & disappearing - so I'd prefer to stay with Google Photos.

I have contacted Google One and they've suggested it's a device issue!

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Retired_Flightmedic
First Poster
Options

This can be solved by using either the "My Files" app on the mobile device or using your device hooked to a PC.

Found this info from a guy named Mike Dwyer1:

Look in the folder called "DCIM".
Tag/check all the folders **EXCEPT THE CAMERA** folder and MOVE the folders to the PICTURES folder.

After you do that, go back into your Google Photos app and loo at your Device Folders to Sync area for the newly moved folders.

Hopefully they will now be available for you to upload/sync/backup.

This just worked on my fiance's S21 Ultra.

Good Luck!

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Retired_Flightmedic
First Poster
Options

This can be solved by using either the "My Files" app on the mobile device or using your device hooked to a PC.

Found this info from a guy named Mike Dwyer1:

Look in the folder called "DCIM".
Tag/check all the folders **EXCEPT THE CAMERA** folder and MOVE the folders to the PICTURES folder.

After you do that, go back into your Google Photos app and loo at your Device Folders to Sync area for the newly moved folders.

Hopefully they will now be available for you to upload/sync/backup.

This just worked on my fiance's S21 Ultra.

Good Luck!

PurlpeSnowKat
Journeyman
Options
Thanks so much....I'll give this a go 👍👍
0 Likes
Particle2021
First Poster
Options

The fix below worked well, thanks! Move any folders (outside of Camera) from the DCIM to the Pictures folder.

0 Likes
ajaypai1971
First Poster
Options

that worked! :smiling-face: thanks a lot

0 Likes
Members_kVdIdvA
First Poster
Options

Worked for me too, I have been looking for a solution for this for a while. Thanks!

0 Likes
BrysonBNN
First Poster
Options

When I do this it duplicates some of my pictures in those albums. Am I'm doing something wrong?

0 Likes
corrinnemin
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have an S22 and I don't understand after selecting all to "move" it says "move here", but I see no way to move them to Gallery/Picture Folder? Can someone help with this?

0 Likes
zkhan96
Student
Options
This really is a workaround. Is there no fix that doesn't require manual intervention? This feels like a genuine flaw in Samsung's design
0 Likes
Leece
First Poster
Options
Thank you! Worked for me too 😎
0 Likes