Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No stock camera installed

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 02:13 PM)
Toddy101
Student
Options

I resently got a new S22 from work. It came with some work security software but I eventually managed to get to my google play account and was able to download apps. 

The problem is, I don't have the stock camera app or the stock gallery app on this phone. 

Why wouldn't this be just on the phone? Can I download these after the fact? I can't find them on the app store.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try Open Camera from Google Play store. You won't get the stock camera from either Play or Galaxy stores, it's baked into the ROM but your employer has disabled it with Knox. Also, if they find out you have circumvented security settings to install apps it did not come with you may get in a world of trouble. They obviously did that for a reason.
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Bit pointless giving you a phone if there gonna make it dumb. May as well give you an Doro
Toddy101
Student
Options

Thanks. That makes sense.

I've had phones with this company since blackberry days with no restrictions but recently merged with other companies so who knows.

Didn't really circumvent the security, I just signed in on my google play account.

We'll see! Thanks for this. 

0 Likes
Options
maybe you should just go on to camera and make the stock camera app
0 Likes