Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 & now also S23 image quality with UI 6.1 software

(Topic created on: 02-07-2024 11:20 AM)
lucDH
Apprentice
Options

I have 3x samsung phones s22, s23, s24. Till yesterday only the s24 had latest software UI 6.1.
Reason is with this software version on the s24 the picture quality is much lower than the great picture quality of the s23 and even s22. Yesterday I installed this software version UI 6.1 also on the s23, unfortunately ... now the picture quality is also degraded. Only the s22 still makes great , natural pictures... in some cases almost idem to my Canon 5D camera.
How can I solve this issue. I'm a photograper and from the year ago buying the s22 I used more and more the Samsung's at occasional events. Now I'm considering to stop with this due to the picture quality degrading on the s23 and s24. With the new software UI 6.1 in my oppinion Samsung is over processing and correcting the picture. When taking a picture it look great in the gallery and 2 seconds later you see the picture is prosessed and over processed... loosing the quality.
How can I solve this issue ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
lucDH
Apprentice
Options

Forgot to mention in this post that the 3 phones s22 ans s23 and s24 are all Ultra models

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lucDH: Please try opening the Camera app on each device > Tap the cog in the top left > Intelligent optimisation, and set this to 'Minimum'. Furthermore, toggle off 'Scene optimiser' at the bottom of the page. Let me know if this helps. 

Ikhan006
First Poster
Options
I have same problem and i did chang intelligent ptimisation to low but still not effect the qualilty still degrade after taking picture in 50MP or 200MP..even s22 picture is better then s24ultra how cum
0 Likes
Tina2009
Navigator
Options
Yes, the same here. I don't expect Samsung to do anything about that. I have always bought Samsung S series since the first one and they always degrade the camera. Why can't they just leave it alone.
0 Likes