Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Night shift and Dashboard Text Color

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 03:10 PM)
AlexHF
Explorer
Options

Hi there!

I have Galaxy A7 2018 running Android Pie updated to last version (2019-09).

In the last time came to an issue regarding to the night shift feature.

Once switching between night shift and day modes, for some of the entries in the dash color of text is the same as color of background. What results in "invisible text".

Anyhow, at least for some of the entries, color of text does not comply to a "negative" color on regard to the background.

For example, Google News entries  results in such problem.

It would be interesting to know if other users are experiencing this issue as well.

Alex

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@AlexHF: Hi there. I haven't encountered this issue before - are you able to provide a screenshot of the problem as it occurs?
0 Likes
AlexHF
Explorer
Options

Hi @AndrewL,

Sure, get attached!

Screenshot_20191007-084644_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-084626_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@AlexHF: Thank you for that. I haven't been able to recreate the problem at my end unfortunately. As a troubleshooting step can you try placing 2 fingers on the top of the screen and swiping down to bring up the available Quick Settings, looking for a moon symbol (night mode) and moving it to the top row. Now, if you swipe down to reveal your Google news notifications and tap the Moon symbol to enable/disable night mode, does the issue still occur?
0 Likes
Solution
AlexHF
Explorer
Options
Hi @AndrewL,
I'm sorry to inform that I cannot reproduce the issue anymore...
Tried yesterday, pulling the icon on top of the list, then switching on/off in many ways, but I.e. Google News entries were then always visible.
Today over night, there was no invisible entry either.

I will close this thread, and if I notice the problem again I get in touch once again.

Many thanks for supporting.
AndrewL
Options
@AlexHF: Maybe it was just a temporary issue with the software, or the app itself. Glad to hear that things are back to normal though.
0 Likes