Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to retrieve samsung notes, Galaxy S9+ stuck in safe mode (Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch)

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 07:55 PM)
GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

My S9+ bricked, maybe overheated, but eventually got it into safe mode. No clue what caused that, but I want to try a factory reset to see if it'll resolve. Manually moved any photo files off, backed up everything I can with Samsung cloud, but my Samsung notes are refusing to sync.

My notes are the only thing I need off of this device, it will be a big problem for me if I cannot access them. Samsung cloud support suggested downloading Smart Switch on a PC to back them up, but because I am stuck in safe  mode, I get "Connection failed. Make sure device 1. Doesn't have Emergency mode on, 2. Doesn't have power saving mode on, 3. Is set to default owner's profile, 4. Isn't running any security policies preventing data transfer."

Would greatly appreciate any advice or ideas!

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@GRAC3OH3: If you open the Samsung Notes app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window, you can 'Sync With Samsung Cloud' or 'Sync To Microsoft OneNote' to backup your notes and memos. I'd also recommend heading to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore, and exploring your options here. 

GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

The device is stuck in safe mode so I'm unable to access the notes app. From Settings, I see the option to back them up, however it never finishes syncing. I've tried with Samsung Cloud, Microsoft One Note doesn't want to connect, and Google doesn't seem to back up my notes.

dincher
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

Samsung support suggested using smart switch on PC, which I can't complete in safe mode. Talked to support again and I'll be taking my device to an authorized location Wednesday to get it diagnosed, I'll update you afterwards!

GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

They ended up calling me to come in today and had no ideas. Trying to work with the text support again, so frustrating that they don't seem to have a way to back up their own app...

dincher
Apprentice
Options

Couldn't find a solution? Our only option is to factory reset the phone. The data will be deleted 😞

GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

I am going to continue reaching out to support, I feel like there should be some way to retrieve them.

Android Consumer
First Poster
Options

All updates are welcome. I'm in disbelief that the manufacturer has no means of backing up data, in safe mode, from the manufacturer's pre-installed app. I also don't understand why it's not accessible in safe mode (neither is the calculator for some bizarre reason).