Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to retrieve samsung notes, Galaxy S9+ stuck in safe mode (Samsung Cloud, Smart Switch)

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 03:59 AM)
GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

My S9+ bricked, maybe overheated, but eventually got it into safe mode. No clue what caused that, but I want to try a factory reset to see if it'll resolve. Manually moved any photo files off, backed up everything I can with Samsung cloud, but my Samsung notes are refusing to sync.

My notes are the only thing I need off of this device, it will be a big problem for me if I cannot access them. Samsung cloud support suggested downloading Smart Switch on a PC to back them up, but because I am stuck in safe  mode, I get "Connection failed. Make sure device 1. Doesn't have Emergency mode on, 2. Doesn't have power saving mode on, 3. Is set to default owner's profile, 4. Isn't running any security policies preventing data transfer."

Would greatly appreciate any advice or ideas!

10 REPLIES 10
GRAC3OH3
Journeyman
Options

No kidding. I’m so frustrated with them for this that I ended up switching to Apple. Customer support did their best but ultimately this is an issue with the software and with no way to contact the developers… or for them to have the foresight to maintain their own apps. 

0 Likes