Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from Chrome to Samsung Internet

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 01:41 PM)
Omar_Sams
Student
Options

Hello everyone! First time using the Samsung Community forum!

I have been using Chrome on mobile for a long time but when I discovered how many features Samsung Internet has and how clean the interface looks, I knew I had to switch. Does anyone know how to move things like bookmarks and passwords over from Chrome to Samsung Internet? I have honestly not found a way or even an option to.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Omar_Sams 

Do you have any luck with this?

0 Likes
Omar_Sams
Student
Options

No, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Scottybobby
First Poster
Options

Most i have found is exporting your passwords into a text file

0 Likes
AliiW
Student
Options

I need this help also desperately. I love the Samsung but can't figure out how to get all my many passwords 

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

There is a way (possibly) to do this but it requires the desktop version of Chrome & the Samsung Internet web extension for chrome.

1. Sign into the same google account on the desktop version of Chrome, so that your bookmarks sync to it.
  2. Sign into your Samsung account from the Samsung Internet web extension for Chrome.
  3. Sync your bookmarks from Chrome to your Samsung account.
  4. Sign into your Samsung account in the Samsung Internet app on your phone & let it sync from your account.

Read the overview of the Samsung Internet web extension for a more in-depth set of instructions...

AliiW
Student
Options

Omg thank you.now problem can I do it on my phone?and will it copy passwords?That's been a nightmare 😫. Thank you  

Ali 

DarekWa
Voyager
Options

Hi,

is Samsung Internet web extension for Chrome working for you, or not?

When I am opening it on Chrome nothing is now happening.

0 Likes
Esat_d
First Poster
Options

Use computer to login to Google account in Chrome. It will sync from android Chrome.

Then use extension to move to Samsung browser . If the extension works anyway