Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Manually Enter Exercise

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 03:14 PM)
Omgitsjess
Student
Options

How do I manually enter or start an exercise in Samsung Health? I used to be able to before and now I can only see my past manually entered exercises. I can no longer add new ones. I do not use a watch or wearable. The steps that are floating around every where saying click the three dots and add new does not work either. 

13 REPLIES 13
TG23
Student
Options

I'm having this problem, too; I used to be able to manually add workouts, but the option seems to be gone? The three-dots menu does not have an "add exercise" option. 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Omgitsjess @TG23: If you open the Samsung Health app and look for the 'Exercise' tab, you should see symbols for your selected workouts e.g. Running, Walking, Cycling. Tap the 3 dots to the right of the symbols to see the list of available exercise options, tap on the exercise you want, set your targets and hit 'Start' at the bottom of the screen. To add an exercise type, tap on 'Add Workouts' at the bottom of the exercise selection screen. I hope this helps. 

TG23
Student
Options

Thank you for the reply! That worked; I realized, too, that that option is not available with "Other Workout," which is what I had been trying to use. (I'm sure I overlooked instructions somewhere saying info couldn't be added manually for this one.) I switched to circuit training and was able to input data as you described. Thank you, again!

Omgitsjess
Student
Options

Thank you! It looks like there may have been an update as it wasn't there the day I asked. But I wouldn't have checked without your message so I appreciate it!

0 Likes
Cynewarm
First Poster
Options
yes this is exactly the problem I have too. There was no way to 'start' the other workout even though I had added it. Does this mean that it has now been fixed?
0 Likes
Health App
Student
Options

Finally found this solution.  Thank you! Need to improve on this Samsung. Users need to be guided on this without having to do google search like this.

KMishra
Student
Options

Hi Andrew, pls can you help on how to add steps manually to SHealth (since sync isnt available). Thanks !

0 Likes
Redpizzi
First Poster
Options

Not a solution, please remove as a solution

TrojanPhil
First Poster
Options

This does not address how I add a workout I did this morning when my watch was charging and the exercise was not captured. 

This 'tip' is not a solution for this problem