Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji Button Gone Samsung Keyboard

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 11:48 AM)
ChrisS202021
First Poster
Options

So a little background, I bought a Samsung S20 at a huge cost of around £1,000 in December 2020. The main reason for choosing this phone was because the keyboard offered me numbers and letters, iPhone's standard keyboard makes you press a button to get to numbers, and I use number hundreds of times a day so this is a real life benefit unlike slightly better looking pictures. 

I have now found the emoji keyboard button has gone, and can only be replaced if i swap out the comma button for it. I basically need letters, numbers, punctuation and emoji's, pretty much in every text and email. 

This would be too much to ask however it is available on Whatsapp keyboard on the same phone so very possible to provide. 

Question: How do I get to emoji's without losing my comma, I need both?

This should be really simple, if you don't know the answer how do we escalate to Samsung to get the answer.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Jack1547
Pioneer
Options
If you are using Google keyboard then I think you might have to choose comma or emoji but samsung keyboard which is what is activated out of the box has emojis, numbers and punctuation all at the same time so I don't know why the emoji button has disappeared. If you have a look at the keyboard setting you should be able to sort it.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
You can download many free keyboards that are customisable for your specific requirements. I use Microsoft SwiftKey. Funnily enough I wanted no emoji button anywhere so I might have a look back at the Samsung one and see what it's like.
0 Likes
2boymom
First Poster
Options

Go to keyboard settings and turn on the keyboard menu. Mine got turned off recently too. It's working again now.

0 Likes
Jag28co
First Poster
Options

Go to settings \ general management  \ Samsung keyboard settings \     turn ON \ KEYBOARD TOOLBAR

Kymeish
First Poster
Options

This was extremely helpful. Mine were gone and I didn't know how to fix it. My keyboard keeps going away too. Guess the phone is getting old. 

0 Likes
Tokamak
First Poster
Options
My phone inexplicably removed my Emojis options (I didn't know it was part of the keyboard toolbar options as you just explained) and I have been searching Google for a way to get them back for an hour, with no joy. Only when I was directed to this thread and your specific response was the answer to my dilemma cleared up - Thank you Sir👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽Why Samsung's website, Microsoft etc couldn't elucidate what YOU did I'll never know.
0 Likes