Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left handed people

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 08:08 PM)
Carbo77
First Poster
Options
I wonder if any OS developers have ever considered a Left Handed setting? Any gestures/swipes/touch functions are mirror flipped. Just an idea. Cheers

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Carbo77. Thanks for taking the time to post. There is actually a setting for this within all Android phones. It is within Developer options and is called Force RTL layout direction.

I'd recommend researching this before applying the setting, as the Developer options menu contains many experimental features and is intended for, well, developers. 😀

robd1
Voyager
Options
@PaulM1, another great, informative, post for the average user. Hello @Carbo77, the problem with Developer options is that they tend to change quite quickly and often. I've often used some myself, but only made one or two changes and kept it at that. The problem is you have to remember to keep checking every time there is an update, minor or major. It is often more trouble than its worth.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Carbo77  As @PaulM1  helpfully explained there already is a setting.   If you have not have Developer options enabled need to go to About Phone and tap build number 7 times . More information for the various options in this article https://gadgetguideonline.com/s22/master-galaxy-s22-developer-options/  For easy Reference Force RTL layout Direction is number 59.  A short Youtube video also here 

I would agree that it is advisable to know what the change entails before proceeding.  I do not have quite the same view as @robd1 ,  only tried some of them out but do not have a problem with some experimentation.  However not for everyone and some users may not wish to go there.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.