Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It would be helpful if I could disable Game Booster. Can you tell me how to do that?

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 01:07 PM)
viller23
First Poster
Options

When I open a game app on my S10, Game Booster's notification area appears. When I press on it, I cannot disable it. Game Booster displays a notification, and I cannot disable it by choosing 'notification settings'. There is no slider or button for enabling or disabling. Do I have to keep receiving notifications from this thing (whatever it is) that I am not interested in? That's what malware does instead of something useful.
The only thing I want is for it to stop.
There is no difference between disabling or enabling the 'game launcher', according to Google. There is a difference between the two, in my opinion.
Although Samsung wants to help us with the software they pre-install, everything should be able to be turned off if the user so chooses. It had to be done on Windows by Microsoft. Apple is under pressure. Is it necessary to start a movement to get the EU to ban Samsung from forcing us to use things we do not want?
A Samsung employee is unlikely to comment on this issue.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Go into apps and put it to sleep.
Clear the cache and see if it can be fully disabled, I did when I got the phone but can't remember how I did it.
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
True, users should be able to choose!
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@viller23 hello, try this: access Settings / Applications and look for the Gamebooster app, in the options, in the three points above -right, perform Uninstall updates. Deactivate automatic updates, so that it does not update. In this way the app will remain deactivated. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
So I went and uninstalled the updates and Booster disappeared completely from my app list. 5 mins later it's back 😂 even tho I stop the app it restarts itself every time. I can't put it into sleep mode either. Is that because it's a system app? I remember when I put some photo editor add one to sleep because I didn't use them. My gallery started shutting down and I had to come here for help 🙄 lol I'm using S10 atm. It bugs the ***** outta me like Bixby for some reason 😂👍
0 Likes
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
The app doesn't show in the list for me so I cant put it to sleep
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@viller23 @cavellix: If you open the Game Launcher app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Game Booster > Block during game > Notifications, and toggle this on, this should prevent Game Booster from sending notifications while you're in a game. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes