Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove built-in apps

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 07:15 PM)
hexerin
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has removed features like disabling the recycle bin from the Gallery and My Files app, which is very annoying. I tried to remove those apps, but I found out that I can't even remove them. What should I do? Someone told me I have to root my device or install a custom ROM. Is there any other way?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
How do you clear all your clutter if there's no bin?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
My Files is the internal file system part of the phones storage which you can't remove without doing damage to the device operating function.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Recycle Bin is there for a reason and useful if items inadvertently deleted.  see here for a list of Apps which can be safely removed if desired . https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-apps-can-be-deleted-smartphone/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Those are two key system functions. Removing them is ill advised.
0 Likes
hexerin
Apprentice
Options

Whenever somthing was in recycle bin, it gave an error message that the SD card is corrupted and it will be readonly. I disabled the recycle bin and everything was fine. There was no error anymore. Now it's not possible to disable it, and the SD card issue has returned.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
There was never ever an option to disable the bin. Are you using a non stock OS/ROM?
0 Likes
hexerin
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I use the pre-installed Samsung operating system. There was an option to disable the trash feature in my Files and Gallery apps, but Samsung removed it after the One UI 6 update.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/discussion/my-files-cannot-disable-recycle-bin/

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Sorry, that link isn't pointing to anything in particular.
0 Likes