Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed please

(Topic created on: 31-07-2022 11:10 PM)
jay4joanna
Apprentice
Options
Hi ive got a Samsung Galaxy s8+ I had a old email address on the phone I'd backed up everything on cloud' but now ive got a new email address so I've had to delete my old email account to put my new one on but when I've gone back on my phone loads of pictures and a video I had of my mum who's past away as gone is there anyway I can get these back?? I had to delete my old email address with it being a Samsung phone that was linked to my Samsung account and cloud.
Thanks in advance jay.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@jay4joanna: For clarity, did you change the email address attached to Samsung account? If so, please remove the old account from your Galaxy S8+ and re-add it using your new credentials (if you haven't already done so).

Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Samsung > Remove account 

Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Add account > Samsung

Following these step, please try heading to the Gallery app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Sync with Samsung Cloud > On. If you're unable to recover your pictures in this manner the please close the Gallery app > Swipe up from your Home Screen > Google folder > Photos, and check here, as you may find an archive of your images has been backed up here. 

CodyH
Voyager
Options
Sorry to say but if you deleted you old account fully without backing them up somewhere else then it's unlike can get them back as deleted.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake and you get them back somehow, if do I highly recommend saving them to multi offer device's and maybe getting them printed so won't lose them.

Good luck. 🤞
jay4joanna
Apprentice
Options
Thank you so much I fund them in the Google photos and videos but the one of my mum I can't find an I love hearted it to I'm at a loss how all the pictures an videos are they but not me mum's ' but again thank you from the bottom of my heart.
0 Likes