Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google duo won't dial out

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 08:17 PM)
Google duo issue
First Poster
Options

My mom recently got a new phone, and up until then, our main form of communication was video chat via google duo.   Now she can't video me, but when I video her, it just rings and rings.  Doesn't connect, doesn't notify her that I'm videoing.  I have done all the suggestions I have researched (force stop app, install update, restart phone, disable and enable app) to no avail.   Anyone have any ideas?  

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

Have you also tried uninstalling-reinstalling the app?

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm wondering if Google are going yo shut down Duo.
I've had discussions on other chats as Google have brought out Meets.
Which is basically the same thing.
Part of it is Duo can have issues with Apple devices. Google Meets seems to get round the issues
0 Likes
Reg Danny
Explorer
Options
I had a similar problem.

Google duo has actually been replaced by Google meet in August 2022. You can Google this to find out more.

To save the faff around, delete Google duo and install Google meet.

I hope this helps
0 Likes
Reg Danny
Explorer
Options
Just a heads up. Don't disable Google duo. I just done this and now I can not access Google meet. Nor can I find how to undisable Google duo!

I think Google has a major problem here.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure what Google are upto currently with these. But hopefully it gets sorted soon
0 Likes
Reg Danny
Explorer
Options
Yes. You can enable Google due again via the play store. Google should really sort this ASAP. I class myself as a competent modern technology user. If this confuses me then then I can only pray for everybody else.
0 Likes