Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy store app all updates not showing

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 08:30 AM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Please make the Galaxy Store better at providing notifications about Samsung apps updates... At least Samsung apps, but all would be great downloaded from the Galaxy Store.

You can't use some apps like Samsung Pay unless you update it and have to download the update at the inconvenient time in the store as an example, also Video Editor, Bixby and other require you to update apps but those apps don't show up in the Galaxy Store. So, better Galaxy Store update checker! 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
8 REPLIES 8
KenS_
First Poster
Options

lots of replies I see... Is Samsung support asleep at the wheel???

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I think that there's nobody here at all. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I appreciate you taking the time to post this, @Adi0. While we might not reply to every post, we're always here and happy to help (when called upon, or when the Community users have not gotten around to replying yet).

Have you checked the Galaxy Store app to see whether auto-updates are toggled on?

To do this, please open the aforementioned app > Tap the Menu option > Updates > Click the Settings cog > Toggle on Auto update apps and choose how you wish for them to be updated.

On the Settings menu mentioned above, please also click on Notifications (under General) and ensure that notifications are allowed.

Please let me know whether this facilitates you in getting updates about app updates.

0 Likes
KenS_
First Poster
Options

I think the notifications about updates for Samsung apps is irritating (at the very least).  I could care less that Samsung apps need updates.  I probably average at least 3-4 notifications a month.  How can I turn off these notifications all together?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@KenS_: If you would prefer not to be notified of available app updates in the Galaxy Store, then please swipe up from your Home screen and head to Settings > Apps > Galaxy Store > Notifications > Notification categories > App updates, and toggle the switch to the right so it greys out. 

To manually check for updates, open the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates (Wi-Fi connection required). 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Bugs fixes and feature adding is done through updates, don't turn that off. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

It's kinda working. Thanks. 

0 Likes
KenS_
First Poster
Options

I navigated as you suggested to (Settings > Apps > Galaxy Store > Notifications > Notification categories > App updates), but the "Allow notifications"  (which is turned on) cannot be turned off.  The only option that I see that might help is to silent these notifications.  Am I missing something here to turn off notifications?  I have a Galaxy S23+.  Thanks

0 Likes