Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORUM DISCLAIMERS NEEDED

(Topic created on: 30-05-2024 09:01 PM)
Bc99
First Poster
Options

This community needs to:

1. Post DISCLAIMERS when page opens after clicking link in Google search i.e. why "Reply" is not accessible

2. Post DISCLAIMERS this Forum requires account creation for any activity other than reading

Opening a comment in this forum from a link in a Google search gave me zero information about how to use this forum. I searched to block text messages on a Samsung Galaxy device but your forum had incorrect information, as the only option is to pin the text to the top. One other response to this question stated that you can choose "pin it to the top" as an option, which is blatantly incorrect because pinning to the top makes it a priority and stays at the top of the list of text message.

Doesn't anyone VET these responses!?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

This is a customer to customer forum hosted by Samsung.

If you arrive here via a Google search, you haven't logged in so you'll need to either create an account as you have done or not reply. (same as most forums - try posting on reddit without having an account). That is why the reply button isn't available.

As for the accuracy of comments, members post on here in their free time without reward and will give their thoughts and guidance.

Now you are a member, why don't you post your question in its own thread and we'll do our best to assist.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To answer your question though, you can block a number which will divert any texts received from that number into your spam folder in messages.

It is not for Samsung to moderate your messages and thus if it were that they were automatically deleted then the user said "hey I want some texts from that number but not others" there would be uproar.

Simply? If you receive a text you don't want, delete it. Then the decision is yours and that is how mobile devices and manufacturers work.
AntS
Options

Thanks for the feedback, @Bc99 .

In addition to what Piper123 said, there is official general guidance on how to block text messages available on the official Samsung websites, e.g.

What may work in any particular case -- including methods beyond the current official general guidance -- would be down to the varying situations, needs, and setups of different users. The Community allows the sharing of those different perspectives and alternative routes.

0 Likes